Governor of West Virginia's Generic Response to My Email Concerning Gun Rights

This is a discussion on Governor of West Virginia's Generic Response to My Email Concerning Gun Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After recently emailing my governor concerning our gun rights, I received this automated and very generic response this morning: Originally Posted by Governor <governor@wv.gov> Thank ...

After recently emailing my governor concerning our gun rights, I received this automated and very generic response this morning:

Quote Originally Posted by Governor <governor@wv.gov>
    Thank you very much for contacting me by e-mail. As always, it is good to hear your comments and concerns. I appreciate the time and effort it took to relay this information to me, as I am counting on the input of all West Virginians in order to enact positive changes for The Mountain State. You may rest assured that the prosperous future of West Virginia is my primary goal.

Please note that we cannot process your e-mail message without a complete mailing address. If you did not include a complete mailing address with your original submission, you will need to re-send the entire message to include this information.

Once again, thank you for your communication.

Sincerely,

Earl Ray Tomblin
    Governor
    Unbelievable. Couldn't he have had his secretary or whoever sends these responses compose something, at the very least, related to the topic at hand? I mean, I'm pretty certain that this wasn't the only email he has received concerning this very sensitive topic.

Yes, well, you have to include your address... Why?

If you are from out of state, they don't need to respond to you... If you aren't a constituent, what do they care what you think.

Sorry, ol' Earl is right. Now, if you don't want ol' Earl and his flying monkeys (staff) to have your name and address for future... um... reference (yeah, reference... that's what they need it for... you know, to refer you to certain agencies), then you might as well just call... but in calling, they will ask, most likely, even with the wonders of caller ID , for your address... to see if you are a registered voter...

So, unless you have the courage of your convictions to the extent that you are willing to let them know just exactly who you are... Your voice will not be heard... And, if you are a patriot (to the very depth of your soul), you will not fear to "pledge your life, fortunes and sacred Honor." Others before you have done so... to good effect, I might add.

Lives, our
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My state does the same as to requiring a complete address. As for canned or automated response, do you really want your elected official stopping to take the time to read and compose an individual reply to each and every piece of communication he or she receives? I hope mine makes a general statement to his staff and concentrates on getting the job done. no doubt the staff will keep him informed of the consensus of the constituants.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just to clarify, I did, indeed include my entire mailing address in my email. In his canned response, he was only advising that he couldn't process any email that didn't include it, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Governor <governor@wv.gov>
    Please note that we cannot process your e-mail message without a complete mailing address. If you did not include a complete mailing address with your original submission, you will need to re-send the entire message to include this information.
    I understand that he has more important things to do than answer each and every email or letter that he receives, but a little acknowledgment of the topic of my concern, or the concerns of other WV residents, would have been appreciated. The message I received from his response was basically, "I received your email, I didn't read it, and deleted it from my inbox immediately."

Suggest you send it again.

....and again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again & again

And then send it again.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by ruso View Post
    Just to clarify, I did, indeed include my entire mailing address in my email. In his canned response, he was only advising that he couldn't process any email that didn't include it, for obvious reasons.

I understand that he has more important things to do than answer each and every email or letter that he receives, but a little acknowledgment of the topic of my concern, or the concerns of other WV residents, would have been appreciated. The message I received from his response was basically, "I received your email, I didn't read it, and deleted it from my inbox immediately."
    Then, I would suggest a followup phone call. And, a real honest to goodness snail mail letter. Or a post card.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

These e-mails are what keep student interns and low-level associates busy. You're not conversing with anyone who has any semblance of authority or influence. Most correspondence probably isn't even entirely read.

Yep. I got the same e-mail response!

Jim

When I got replies back from the people I wrote, I got one of those auto responses too, then a real letter stating thier stance.

Links