Defensive Carry banner

More Anti Bills Introduced in MO

537 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TX expat 
#1 ·
HOUSE BILL NO. 187

Looks like all of us MO residents need to bust out with a fresh set of emails, phone calls, snail mails, or all three.

Love the part where if you are unlucky enough to try and sell your gun to someone who doesn't pass the the NICS, the FFL then has to perform an NICS on YOU before he will return your firearm!

#2 ·
(2) The dealer shall process the sale or other transfer as if he or she were the seller or other transferor. The dealer shall comply with all requirements of federal, state, and local law that would apply if he or she were the seller or other transferor of the firearm;

(6) The dealer may require the purchaser or other transferee to pay a fee covering the administrative costs incurred by the dealer for facilitating the transfer of the firearm, plus applicable fees pursuant to federal, state, and local law.
Tell me these wouldn't be the mechanism used to apply sales tax to what used to be a private sale between two private parties.

#4 ·
I don't think this will make it to the floor for debate. Sounds like it was sponsored by that radical nut-job from St. Louis.

Still wouldn't hurt to contact our congress critters and voice our STRONG opinion on this.

#5 ·
Yeah, I agree. I doubt it'll see the light of day but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to write my state legislators, yet again, and let them know how I feel about this, and any other, bad legislation that seeks to infringe on my 2A right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.