CT: Gun Violence Prevention Working Group

This is a discussion on CT: Gun Violence Prevention Working Group within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; During the public testimony on 1/28/2013, anti-gun Senator Beth Bye decided that she had better things to do than listen to the testimony of constituents. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: CT: Gun Violence Prevention Working Group

During the public testimony on 1/28/2013, anti-gun Senator Beth Bye decided that she had better things to do than listen to the testimony of constituents. She's part of the task force and also a sponsor of several of the bills. Pictures from a CT gun forum.

A Safer Connecticut | Connecticut General Assembly

Listening without bias.
    BBye.jpg

Doing a little Facebook updating.
    BBye2.jpg

What could be more important than a constituent's testimony?
    BBye3.jpg

On a bright note, a LOT of pro 2A people showed up and testimony ran until 3:30AM. This was despite a two hour wait to get into the Legislative Office Building, cold temperatures and snow!
    Cory1022 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Did you make it? I couldn't, but I am personally meeting with my representative and already mailed everyone letters. I am hoping to meet with my senator but I am pretty sure he's a KoolAid drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory1022 View Post
    Did you make it? I couldn't, but I am personally meeting with my representative and already mailed everyone letters. I am hoping to meet with my senator but I am pretty sure he's a KoolAid drinker.
    - Unfortunately, I couldn't make it due to work obligations, but I did email testimony to the Working Group. It was even posted on their website.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I think the local paper should be made aware of her lack of interest in anything she doesn't agree with, pictures and screen shots of FB included. Perhaps these tell-tale items should come from a concerned citizen and constituent, y'know, such as yourself.

dan

Wow.. Kind of take the "representative" out of "public representative"... I would expect a teenage girl to be on Facebook chatting with her friends.. That should have never been allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by jdsumner View Post
    I think the local paper should be made aware of her lack of interest in anything she doesn't agree with, pictures and screen shots of FB included. Perhaps these tell-tale items should come from a concerned citizen and constituent, y'know, such as yourself.
    - Looks like it's already been sent. Her spin is that she was speaking with constituents. If you consider columnist Susan Campbell a constituent, they I guess she's right.

Latest Videos, News Video, and Video Clips | NBC Connecticut
    Cory1022 likes this.

Keep up the heat.

dan

Our people are all over it. I can't say enough good about the CCDL.

Wasn't going to out this because I know someone close to her, but...

CT Gun Owners (facebook group, also doing great stuff)
    'We just informed the New Haven Register about one of their writers, Susan Campbell. We posted screen shots of the twitter, and facebook conversations between her and Senator Bye on their facebook wall. In one comment, Susan calls gun owners "idiots". That's fine, we will let her employer decide who the real "idiot" is here. She was already fired from The Hartford Courant back in 98 after being arrested on 22 counts second-degree harassment and third-degree forgery. Go have a look, it's good stuff! ~Ryan~'

Links