Reply from Senator Rand Paul

This is a discussion on Reply from Senator Rand Paul within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Received this today: Dear Mr. blanco64, Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn. My thoughts and prayers ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Reply from Senator Rand Paul

Reply from Senator Rand Paul

Received this today:

Dear Mr. blanco64,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn. My thoughts and prayers are with the children, parents, teachers and community as they mourn this tragic loss of life.

After such a senseless act of violence, the power of prayer and the kindness of friends, family, and neighbors near and far provides solace and strength to the community. I hope we can learn more about what warning signs were missed and how we can better prevent tragedies like this from occurring in the future. However, I do not believe we should rush to point fingers or enact reactionary legislation curtailing Second Amendment rights. No amount of gun control will be able to prevent mentally disturbed individuals from committing despicable acts of violence. High-risk individuals will still be able to acquire firearms and other lethal weapons, even with an increase in prevention. Please be assured I will oppose any proposed gun control law which would limit the right to gun ownership by those who are responsible, law-abiding citizens, and that I will continue to defend Americans' Second Amendment rights in the Senate.

Once more, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance in the future. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Sincerely,

Rand Paul, MD
    United States Senator

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Prepare yourself for lots of email.
    Poseidon likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Yeah our guy gets it. Now if Mitch would get a little more like this guy. Mitch is ok but hes a little less up front I guess I would say.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Prepare yourself for lots of email.
    Ehhh well yeah there is that too
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links