Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed

This is a discussion on Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Haven't seen this anywhere yet. The bill, if passed, would make us "shall-issue". Also, no special exemptions or carve-out for Chicago. Illinois Concealed Carry Bill ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed

Thumbs up Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed

Haven't seen this anywhere yet. The bill, if passed, would make us "shall-issue". Also, no special exemptions or carve-out for Chicago.

Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed: No Chicago Carve-Out | The Truth About Guns
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

2. Remove Ads

Good news for you guys!

Something tells me there will be a lot of amendments to this bill before it advances.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Wow! Lucifer must be at Sears right now...buying long underwear.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Something tells me there will be a lot of amendments to this bill before it advances.
    I'm a bit fearful of that also. But, I've read in several places (forums and a couple articles, so take it for what it's worth) that Illinois legislators as a whole are more gun-friendly than you'd think, so I'm holding on to hope that this is pretty close to the final draft. I'm disappointed with the list of "gun-free" zones, but I haven't read through the bill thoroughly yet. I'm hoping, like in other states, that a business designated as "gun-free" has to actually post a sign stating they are.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    This is definitely a step in the right direction for Illinois. I'm afraid you will see some tight restrictions but atleast you will have an option to protect yourselves in places you can legally carry. I hope it passes.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

VIP Member
    Take a look at the state congressional district maps before becoming too excited about anything Chicago won't like.

Here is the make-up, which is pretty much Chicago, and whatever is left over:
    http://ilga.gov/house/
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Good to see but I bet King emanuel is furious and will try to find some way to fight it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Very likely. Forced by the court to do something, though that "something" is likely to get used and abused before it passes the vote and signatures.

Here's wishing all true Illinois citizens good luck in this fight. KEEP CONTACTING YOUR LEGISLATORS.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Living in Wisconsin it's hard to go anyplace East or South East without passing thru Illinois. Great news and I first wonder how they will explain their pending reduction in the murder rate after this bill becomes law. Probably by crediting better law enforcement efforts (me thinks)
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Take a look at the state congressional district maps before becoming too excited about anything Chicago won't like.

Here is the make-up, which is pretty much Chicago, and whatever is left over:
    Illinois General Assembly - House Members
    Anti-gun legislators seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place, though. If a bill isn't passed by the 6 month deadline, isn't "Constitutional carry" instated? If so, seems like liberals will have to concede to just about whatever is put in front of them unless they are willing to deal with any joe schmo with a gun walking around armed. I'm not a politician or lawyer, however, so I may be way off base.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

~Breda

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Anti-gun legislators seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place, though. If a bill isn't passed by the 6 month deadline, isn't "Constitutional carry" instated? If so, seems like liberals will have to concede to just about whatever is put in front of them unless they are willing to deal with any joe schmo with a gun walking around armed. I'm not a politician or lawyer, however, so I may be way off base.
    Or, they could adopt "may issue" regulations like those in Hawaii.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Well, at least you are on the road to getting it. First came the court ruling, and now there is actual proposed legislation which can not be ignored.

They are going to have to work on it, and deal with it... and quickly!

Congrats to Illinois... I can't believe I'd ever be saying that.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

At a glance, that looks substantially the same as the bill entered last session, which was a good bill.

Hopefully it will make it into law without major watering down by the antis. Given the court ruling, the governor won't really have much choice in signing or not, unless he wants to spend more of the peoples' money on court costs.

Keeping fingers crossed for you Illinois folks.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

As much as I want to believe, I have been around this State too long to think Chicago is going to allow this to happen. The rest of the State really doesn't have any say in the matter. I see a may issue New Jersey/New York/California type bill coming out of the legislature. Hope I am wrong.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links