Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill

This is a discussion on Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may curb some of the madness: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban - The Hill Dirty Harry Reid doesn't want to lose his ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill

Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill

This may curb some of the madness: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban - The Hill

Dirty Harry Reid doesn't want to lose his hold on the Senate majority come 2014...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    This may curb some of the madness: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban - The Hill

Dirty Harry Reid doesn't want to lose his hold on the Senate majority come 2014...
    Be wary. May just be a deceit to lull people into complacency. He says he still intends to bring ant-gun bills to the floor for debate. DO NOT TRUST REID.
    Drgnfly, mano3, Spirit51 and 5 others like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Skelos did the same thing. Just FYI.

I don't trust ANY OF 'EM! But even the ever-clever Slick Willie Clinton has reportedly warned his party that this particular issue may not be as "smoothly palatable" as some of the previous nonsense that we've had so easily...shoved down our throats.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I don't trust them either. I'm wondering if his tone will change after the mid-term elections if the dems still hold the Senate?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Willie is slick, but not stupid. What he was trying to tell them is "Is this the hill you want to die on?" This is a vote swing issue for a lot of people. I know a lot of people who have voted D the last several elections but are avid 2A supporters. It wasn't a burning political issue so it didn't influence their vote at that time. This push has ignited their passion and become a vote changing pivotal issue. They rubbed the lamp and are shocked that the Genie came out. Go figure.
    mano3, Dandyone, oneshot and 2 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Re: Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Willie is slick, but not stupid. What he was trying to tell them is "Is this the hill you want to die on?" This is a vote swing issue for a lot of people. I know a lot of people who have voted D the last several elections but are avid 2A supporters. It wasn't a burning political issue so it didn't influence their vote at that time. This push has ignited their passion and become a vote changing pivotal issue. They rubbed the lamp and are shocked that the Genie came out. Go figure.
    Exactly. Nevada has a very strong pro 2a culture yet we continue to re-up with Reid. Safe to say a lot of us would think twice about supporting state and federal level Democrats if Reid burns us on this.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    This would be good if Reid could be trusted to keep his word.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Re: Good?: Reid Won't Endorse Feinstein's Bill

Old harry is a desert snake, he knows when to bite and when to hide under a rock....never trust him, ever.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    This would be good if Reid could be trusted to keep his word.
    I think that can be said for just about...everybody?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Do not be fooled. Sigh... I don't feel like re-typing this, so don't hate me for copying and pasting.

In regards to Fienstiens Agenda:
    Original Thread: What is Senator Feinstein's agenda??
    I whole-heatedly believe she is behind a bigger agenda than the bill that was proposed and shot down. You see, the anti-gun politicians (mostly liberal), and big government in general, know they have to push lightly against the public. People feel very strongly about their right to protect themselves and the 2A. They will go to great lengths to minimally get a grip on gun control - little by little.

For example: Operation Fast and Furious. What was it's agenda? According to some reliable sources: Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations - CBS News Investigates - CBS News Giving the guns to Mexican cartels was a way to ensure legislation of "Demand Letter 3"
    That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.
    I'm sure the current administration was very displeased when that exploded in their faces. Then came the shootings - and effort went to 100% gun control. They want you to forget the economy. Forget the fiscal cliff. Forget everything except that guns are bad. Not only do they get to push their agenda, they get to redirect the conservative attention to an unrelated, but extremely important topic while they push for other agendas in the background.

Fienstiens bill was designed to fail. It was so over the top, everyone knew it wouldn't pass. Even Harry Reid was vocally opposed. So why would they design a bill to fail? Well, now they can draft up a bill that is a compromise. They couldn't strip the country of everything they want (and don't be fooled, they want to strip all the guns from the public). So now they will make some "common sense" gun laws that only an extremist who "hates children" (like the victims of sandy hook) would oppose. Those measures, in all probability, will pass. Some republicans will concede. All the democrats will be on board.
    ...Of course, these are just my personal opinions.

I hate you Lotus222! Im kidding.

He is a politician, if he is talking, he is lieing.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Hey Harry.............worried about yer job...?
    mano3 likes this.

Of course, he may also see his endorsement of DiFi's bill for what it would likely be- the end of his employment as a US senator.

Self-preservation is a possible motive, too 'cause even snakes don't wanna die.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I think that can be said for just about...everybody?
    Yep...that boat is full...no seats available......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links