My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings

This is a discussion on My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bklynboy 2) Captain Kelly argues that Lougher was such a marginal, isolated character in society that he probably could not have found ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post

2) Captain Kelly argues that Lougher was such a marginal, isolated character in society that he probably could not have found a black market gun if he had failed to purchase a gun legally. Let's get this straight Cap, the guy was a drug user (as you told us) which means he knows drug dealers, but you think he could not have found a black market gun dealer??? Hell, he probably could have gotten a package deal straight from his drug dealer: Meth and a Glock 19

Meth and a glock 19 goes together like peas and carrots! Peanut butter and chocolate! It's the perfect match!
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

2. Remove Ads

There was a lot of cover up of odd things in the voting from the dnc. He does not belong in government, he only belongs on a stage making a fool of himself which he is good at. (making a fool of himself.)

Idea: Perhaps the liberty-haters should listen to Chuck Woolery. Get Vanna White into the game, as well, and we just might begin turning the minds of the weak and fearful. Maybe.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    1) and James Johnson (Baltimore Police Chief) agrees with him.
    Given that the appointment of most big city Police Chiefs seem to be a largely political appointment you have to look at where James Johnson is serving. Maryland is likely to end up like New York State. You probably could have gotten the same agreement from the Police Chiefs of New York City, Chicago, or San Francisco!

(Maybe I've just named Feinstein's chosen panel.)
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

It appeared to me that Chief Johnson was using a written "cheat sheet" of prepared answers to respond to Feinstein and Blumenthal and a few other liberal Senators. He kept looking down at a piece of paper on the table as if he was reading from it. I'm thinking that the left prepped him as to the questions and the answers that he was supposed to give. His manner of speaking changed when pro gun Senators asked him questions that he had not been prepped on.

Over all I would say that Chief Johnson was a really bad choice for the anti gun Senators to put on the panel he just seemed to stumble along like a fool.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Universal Background Check is not a form of registration.
    How would a requirement of universal background checks be enforced without registration?

Just an honest question.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    How would a requirement of universal background checks be enforced without registration?

Just an honest question.
    It couldn't, that's why I wrote that under "My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings."
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    It couldn't, that's why I wrote that under "My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings."
    Dangit that makes way too much sense, I'm gonna have to apologize for that one. For some reason, I thought you were responding to a previous commenter in the thread.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

OD*
    No apology necessary amigo, I've done it myself and most likely will do it again.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Ah, but it was Durbin who done it best....

Durbin disconnect defines Democrat delusions on gun control

Illinois Senator Richard Durbin’s exchange Wednesday with National Rifle Association Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre about universal background checks defined the disconnect anti-gun Democrats have with the reality of so-called “universal background checks” and why they won’t stop criminals from obtaining firearms.

Durbin disconnect defines Democrat delusions on gun control - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Nicely done, again, Dave. Thanks for the effort.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

During Vietnam, I was in college, enjoying my student deferment. The government wisely felt that, in my case, military service was less important than completing my studies to prepare me for my chosen career: comedian.

It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.

When you encounter seemingly good advice that contradicts other seemingly good advice, ignore them both.

When the president during the campaign said he was against nation building, I didn't realize he meant our nation.

and always remember folks.......

I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and dog-gone it, people like me

The funny thing is, my state already does back ground checks. If you are not fit, you don't get a gun. Why does the Federal government need to be involved in states rights?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    The notion that a background check is tantamount to registration is a scare tactic. To have a background check it should not even be necessary to identify the firearm--just the person buying it.
    Others have said it, but I think it bears repeating. A universal background check is not tantamount to registration. It requires registration to be enforced. That will be the part they don't talk about until after the universal background check is accepted.

Common sense dictates that if they are concerned about the purchaser and not the firearm, it would be unnecessary to identify the firearm for the background check. But they already require recording serial numbers. Do you think in making the law more restrictive that requirement will disappear, or there will be exemptions offered? That is tantamount to a feel good tactic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links