My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings

This is a discussion on My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 1) Al Franken argues that pistols grips, adjustable stocks and barrel shrouds make semi auto rifles more lethal and James Johnson (Baltimore Police Chief) agrees ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings

My vote for stupidest comments from today's Senate hearings

1) Al Franken argues that pistols grips, adjustable stocks and barrel shrouds make semi auto rifles more lethal and James Johnson (Baltimore Police Chief) agrees with him. A close runner up was when the Chief talked about how modern optics make AR's so much more lethal. Wonderful, just what we needed, now there will be a ban on those evil red dots.

2) Captain Kelly argues that Lougher was such a marginal, isolated character in society that he probably could not have found a black market gun if he had failed to purchase a gun legally. Let's get this straight Cap, the guy was a drug user (as you told us) which means he knows drug dealers, but you think he could not have found a black market gun dealer??? Hell, he probably could have gotten a package deal straight from his drug dealer: Meth and a Glock 19

2. Remove Ads

"al franken" .... you could have just stopped at that, no other words needed.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Really...........he went fro comedic jokes to politics........Ooops.....same thing.
    foxytwo, Bacon, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    "al franken" .... you could have just stopped at that, no other words needed.
    The guy was a great clown. Still is.
    accessbob likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Al Franken argues that pistols grips, adjustable stocks and barrel shrouds make semi auto rifles more lethal
    Aren't they suppose to be?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

More lethal than what a burrito fart in his Office
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    The guy was a great clown. Still is.
    Too bad the jokes on us - he's a decision maker.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I am slightly amused at difi's ability to use 'slidefire' stock and adjustable stock interchangably.

dan

Feinstein said she will hold her own hearing on gun control because she was unhappy that three of the five witnesses testifying Wednesday are "skewed against us."

Presumably with her own hand picked witnesses. What a D-bag.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Anyone who intentionally goes on TV wearing nothing but a diaper should never be a U.S. Senator.

VIP Member
    Sorry, but you can't have the stupidest comment unless Biden was there.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Gun rights advocates clobber gun ban proposal

Deluging the Senate Judiciary Committee with facts and figures that some members clearly did not want to hear, three gun rights advocates and some pro-gun members of the panel hammered proposed bans on so-called “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines during a four-hour Wednesday hearing that was loaded with surprises.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gun-...id=db_articles

The argument over what is more lethal, or who "needs" what, is irrelevant. We have a Bill of Rights, not a Bill of Needs. The entire argument is playing out from the wrong perspective, which puts us at a total disadvantage.
    Tzadik, Xader and WHEC724 like this.

I just don't care anymore. Everyone cries "we must do something for the children!". I have an idea, FIX THE NATIONAL DEBT problem so they HAVE a country in 20 years. Quit borrowing money from their future to arm Muslim radicals in Egypt with f-16's. Or sign a law saying that St. Jude Hospital will get all the funding it ever needs to provide the best of everything to children with cancer whether they can pay or not. THAT is loving our children.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links