First new pro gun bills introduced in NC

This is a discussion on First new pro gun bills introduced in NC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun bill would allow restaurant carry, make permit holders confidential information Raleigh, N.C. — The first firearms-related measure to be filed this session would allow ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By boricua

Thread: First new pro gun bills introduced in NC

VIP Member

Gun bill would allow restaurant carry, make permit holders confidential information

Raleigh, N.C. — The first firearms-related measure to be filed this session would allow concealed handgun permit holders to bring their guns into restaurants where alcohol is served.

House Bill 17, "Gun Permits/Restaurants & Confidentiality," would also remove information regarding who has a concealed handgun permits from the list of information government collects that is a public record.

The lead sponsor on the measure if Rep. Justin Burr, R-Stanly.

"A great majority of states already permit that," Burr said of the restaurant carry provision. "I believe the more locations a concealed carry permit holders are able to carry their weapon versus leaving it in a vehicle, the better."

Gun rights advocates pushed for a restaurant carry bill last session, saying that establishments that serve alcohol are spots where law abiding gun owners are vulnerable to criminals. Also last year, WRAL News used limited information from the concealed handgun database to allow users to look up how many permit holders lived on their street.
    Gun bill would allow restaurant carry, make permit holders confidential information :: WRAL.com

That will prevent WRAL from treating gun owners the same as sex offenders again. I forgot who pigeonholed HB111 in the Judiciary Committee last year but maybe they were voted out and restaurant carry will finally pass.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I think we're in better shape this term to see these pass.

I remember WRAL this article about NC counties with the highest number of permit holders but never noticed the permit holder locater. I just checked it out and it's still running. At least they don't go as far as the NY paper by giving names and full addresses.
    Map: North Carolina concealed weapon carry permits :: WRAL.com

Good luck NC, hope this goes well.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

This must become law. Forbidding us from enjoying a meal while carrying, and forcing us to disarm and leave our guns in the car is senseless.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Excellent news. Thanks for posting. I was wondering how quick they'd bring this up. Was afraid they'd wait due to all the uproar going on.

Republican controlled state house, senate and a republican governor should get this to pass. It never made it up to a final vote last year and I had written my legislators.

North Carolina CCW Permit Holders, Please Read
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's a baby step in making CC right in NC. I don't what the reason for no CC where admission is charged is based on, but really, what difference does that make. They definitely need to make restaurant carry legal.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links