Must read for all Patriots

This is a discussion on Must read for all Patriots within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article has gone viral, but I had not previously seen it here. I believe it is a must read for all those on this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SigPapa226

Thread: Must read for all Patriots

This article has gone viral, but I had not previously seen it here. I believe it is a must read for all those on this site. Hope it is not a repeat. If it is, there may be many more like me that has not seen it.

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?
    Posted on January 3, 2013 by Dean Garrison

Source: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline

"I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I donít think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights."

Read the rest from the website.
    Thompsonian likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    If they come, it won't be to take guns.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Administrator
    Just as an FYI to all members. If an author of a written work on the Internet gives permission to copy and re-post his/her writing elsewhere then you MAY post it in its entirety here.

But, this is fine with just a LINK to read the remainder so no need to add the complete text.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good read. This guy is saying what I have been thinking for a while.

This is a well articulated, logical, and coherent read. Andi, it is very much to the point. You're beginning to see more and more blog posts like this one, many from people with a military background. It's not the crazy fringe of society that the media portrays authors of works like this to be.

You would have to believe that between these types of posts, the massive increase in NRA membership, various statistics about failure of the AG to prosecute gun crimes, and articles like the one out of Milwaukee today where the BATFE had a failed sting operation (lost a M4 among other things) that the Democratic leadership is taking notice and will begin to back off. Sen. Harry Reid seems to be taking a more pragmatic approach as of today - hopefully that is the start of a new trend.

Thought provoking article.

"What is right is not always popular, what is popular is not always right."
    -- Howard Cosell
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

“As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.” ~ Adolf Hitler
    (isn't this what Feinstein and Obama are doing? Just sayin...)

"This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos."

Two favorite quotes from this article and responses.

Sponsored Links