Veteran arrested for having unloaded AR magazines in car in NY

This is a discussion on Veteran arrested for having unloaded AR magazines in car in NY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Didn't see this posted and I just saw it via facebook. If this has previously been posted I apologize. Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Veteran arrested for having unloaded AR magazines in car in NY

Veteran arrested for having unloaded AR magazines in car in NY

Didn't see this posted and I just saw it via facebook. If this has previously been posted I apologize.

Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

I have never heard of being pulled over for a random check. They sure don't check your vehicle randomly around here.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Whatever happened to probable cause???

Sounds like many amendments were violated. Hope he gets a great lawyer & takes the State for everything they got.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Probably charge him with money laundering as well, considering the value of those five magazines. SMH!! Hopefully he'll get a break.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

NY is trampling all over the 4th Amendment here...of course, they're also pursuing xray type scanners on street corners and in police cars to monitor the general public for handguns under clothing. If that's not unlawful search without cause, nothing is.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I believe "Constitution Free Zones" are something outside the boundaries of the USA and her Territories...Anything else is Illegal,so now the 4th amendment and can be twisted to meet whatever criteria the elitists feel at the moment
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If they keep rubbing the lamp they're gonna get the Genie,I've never seen La Abiding Americans getting this upset at the Government in a Loooong time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If he was on TV in D.C. he'd have gotten away with it...
    msgt/ret, darbo, AS90 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    It's time to put these people on the defensive with a pile of lawsuits based on violation of the Bill Of Rights. No mercy. How about Miller vs US?
    smolck and atctimmy like this.

I thought they had a year to dispose of the mags. Did the Star Chamber (masquerading as the NY state Legislature) instantly turn honest citizens into criminals?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

He should have said he was delivering them to David Gregory to use during some NBC interview he was doing.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I posted this to Facebook for many more to read and get the word out. I suggest you all do the same! What is this country coming to?

It is CRAZY!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I thought they had a year to dispose of the mags. Did the Star Chamber (masquerading as the NY state Legislature) instantly turn honest citizens into criminals?
    They must permanently modify the magazine so that it holds no more than ten rounds, responsibly discard it, or sell it to a dealer or an out of state purchaser by January 15, 2014. This is for PRE-BAN only. Anything newer is a crime...

All magazines sold in NY after April 15, 2013 must be capable of holding a maximum of 7 rounds...

bosco

The inmates are running the Asylum......called New York.....and the World Is Watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    It's time to put these people on the defensive with a pile of lawsuits based on violation of the Bill Of Rights. No mercy. How about Miller vs US?
    Seriously, where are the ambulance chasers! And where is the ACLU? Or maybe they just dont' care about this particular civil liberty.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Didn't see this posted and I just saw it via facebook. If this has previously been posted I apologize.

Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged with 5 felonies for possession AR magazines

I have never heard of being pulled over for a random check. They sure don't check your vehicle randomly around here.
    Here in North Carolina we do have the Revenue Enhancement check points looking for DWIs and expired licenses but they rarely search a vehicle unless there is probable cause. It seems New York has thrown the Constitution out the window and is choosing to do as they please. And an empty magazine being a felony is just ludicrous.
    NCSoxFan likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links