Unexpected support

This is a discussion on Unexpected support within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You've probably heard of the "hactivist" group, "Anonymous"; they strongly oppose Internet censorship and surveillance, and have hacked various government websites. The group also opposes ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By RicT
  • 4 Post By suntzu
  • 2 Post By RicT

Thread: Unexpected support

Unexpected support

You've probably heard of the "hactivist" group, "Anonymous"; they strongly oppose Internet censorship and surveillance, and have hacked various government websites. The group also opposes Scientology, and government corruption, and sometimes creates videos with a spokesperson speaking while wearing a "Guy Fawkes" mask (as in the movie "V for Vendetta"). I always thought of them as very left-leaning...

Anyway, here is a video, supposedly from that group (always difficult to insure where something originates), which supports our struggle to maintain our 2nd Amendment Rights! Quite surprising!

Anonymous -- Response To Obama's 2013 Gun Control Policy - YouTube
    darbo likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I am not going to be excited about a group of people who use the internet as thugs to send whatever message they want...Might as well have the Aryan Nation as our spokespeople
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Well, hopefully you understand my intent...it was not to espouse this group as our spokespeople...it was to express my surprise at what I always considered a left-wing group supporting our cause.
    d2jlking and BurgerBoy like this.

The thing about anonymous is that It is not a unified organization. The people who put out the message could be 9 or over 9000. Some who could be affiliated with anonymous in the past or are currently affiliated with them on other issues could be for or against the second amendment. So while I'm glad to see some of anonymous are supporting the second amendment I wouldn't take it as a sign of any major significance.

Isn't this the same group that brought to light the rape and coverup of that teenage girl in Ohio?

Anonymous hackers release video of football stars bragging about rape ? RT so it isn't all internet thuggery.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Links