West Virginia Sheriffs Oppose Proposed Gun Constrol

This is a discussion on West Virginia Sheriffs Oppose Proposed Gun Constrol within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is the first I've heard about any Sheriffs in WV. Good news, but my sherrif is not included in the article. I'm still awaiting ...

Thread: West Virginia Sheriffs Oppose Proposed Gun Constrol

West Virginia Sheriffs Oppose Proposed Gun Constrol

This is the first I've heard about any Sheriffs in WV. Good news, but my sherrif is not included in the article. I'm still awaiting an answer from an email I sent him asking for his position on the issue.

Some W.Va. sheriffs oppose proposed gun control | Spirit Of Jefferson

CHARLESTON (AP) — Some West Virginia sheriffs are opposing proposed federal gun control legislation. They say they won’t enforce any laws that they believe violate the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Media outlets report that Boone County Sheriff Randall White sent a letter this week to President Barack Obama voicing his opposition. He says the government should instead focus on the small number of people who commit crimes involving guns.

Raleigh County Sheriff Steve Tanner says he’s charged with defending the U.S. Constitution. And that includes the Second Amendment.

Putnam County Sheriff Steve DeWeese says people have the right to bear arms. He also says he believes people have the right to defend themselves, especially in their homes.

2. Remove Ads

There still are some who know what they swore to upon taking their Oath of Office.....Nice.

Links