Defensive Carry banner

Some eastern Idaho schools to get gun safes

847 views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  SpringerXD 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Again, the problem with storing guns in a safe is access. The schools I attended were large and spread out. It could have easily been a 200 yard or more dash to the other end. What RSO has time to "go get his gun" if SHTF at a school? But it's better than not having one available at all, which is what most schools have.

#7 ·
Ideas like this can provide advantage in 2 ways. Obviously firearms are a practical means of self-defense, in a school or anywhere else. Perhaps more importantly, when it becomes common knowledge that schools are keeping arms to repel murderers, those crazy people will begin to choose other targets. Just the likelihood that arms are in the building will have a repelling effect against crazys.

#9 ·
Ridiculous idea. Schools are not war zones and a gun safe is not in any way tactically advantageous.

Are we getting a little carried away with protective measures?

Hows that been working out for us so far? Not so great I'd say.

While its not as good as slinging an MP5SD3 to your back, its at least better than nothing and a step in the right direction.

#10 ·
I always had an armed SRO who worked right out of my office...no big deal.
He was very well liked by students, staff, and parents.
His car was parked outside my window/door...loaded with arms and ammo.
It was HIS safe!

Reactions: airslot
#11 ·
We got a newsletter from my son's high school stating that the resource officer has been approved for some new "tools" to be stored in a safe on campus. Hmm I wonder what kind of tools they are storing in that new safe. Oh, this is in Northern Idaho. I love Idaho.

He was already previously armed before all of this.

#13 ·
OP says they would already be carrying handguns so having a safe with extra weapons sounds like a great idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.