Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece - Page 2

Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

This is a discussion on Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Never read one, or bought one, now I never will!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

Never read one, or bought one, now I never will!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

He is a sicko anyway !

I've always been a fan of King's books, and have read the Dark Tower series and The Stand twice. However, it is obvious from his writings that he knows very little about guns! Technically, he is way off base when talking about guns in his books. And I will NOT support any writer who intends to give the proceeds from a book or article to the "Brady Bunch"!!! He has a right to his opinion, and a right to contribute to whom ever he wishes--but I sure as heck don't have to "contribute" to him anymore!
    Spirit51, TX expat and Jeanlouise like this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

He wrote The Shawshank Redemption, which is one of the most popular films ever (as indicated on this site).

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Yes let's just start boycotting anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with us. I grew up where Steven King lives in Maine, and almost every baseball field I played on as a kid had been built by Stephen King - free of charge - so he's ok in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Hey, you can buy every book he writes for all I care. I make a serious effort to not financially support anyone who seeks to take my rights away and I hope everyone else at least makes a conscious choice about where they spend their money; which was my point in posting this. If you note the title of my thread, I don't call for a boycott of SK, I'm simply trying to make everyone aware of his political agenda.
    Yep, This^^^. We have to vote with our dollars when it comes to people whom we do not officially elect. If enough people buy or don't buy a particular product they will get the message, especially if we let them know why we aren't purchasing their goods/services. He's never gotten any of my cash and now most definitely never will.
    TX expat likes this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

He was my favorite author. Oh well.

The main character is a writer and from Maine. I have just revealed most of his books to you.

I did like The Cell. Which was not about a writer from Maine for once or completely stupid like the one about a car. I'm sure he has a gun. He sure has a lot of cameras set up around his place in Maine.

VIP Member
    Well it's my choice to either read Steven King's stuff or read DC forum here. Hmmmmm.........no brainer.

I wish I had an email address to his agent or publisher, or even to him.

The library checks out Steven King books for free.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

He's over rated in my book. But plenty of people will read his article and agree with his viewpoint just because he wrote it.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Hey, you can buy every book he writes for all I care. I make a serious effort to not financially support anyone who seeks to take my rights away and I hope everyone else at least makes a conscious choice about where they spend their money; which was my point in posting this. If you note the title of my thread, I don't call for a boycott of SK, I'm simply trying to make everyone aware of his political agenda.
    My thoughts exactly. I have no desire to pad the pockets of anyone who makes the kind of statements that King just did. Granted, I probably pad the pockets of like-minded individuals every day without knowing it, but for him to make such an asinine public statement assures that I won't do it on purpose.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

You're padding the pockets of like-minded individuals this tax season.

That should be infinitely more infuriating than anything a "horror writer" says or thinks.

I remember, years ago, he said he would stop publication of "Skeleton Crew" because he thought one of the short stories could lead to copycat killers. I thought it was ridiculous, as the evil plot was just an angry young man with a rifle in a tower on a college campus. There were a couple of really good stories, so I bought my copy at a used book store. Or was it feebay? As mentioned previously, "Different Seasons" is an awesome book, which I bought after watching "Stand By Me". I knew the book ending and movie ending had to be quite different. They are. But, yeah, I haven't bought a Stephen King book in 15 years.

VIP Member
    I used to like his books, especially "Needful Things". I won't be buying any more though. Same with "movie stars". If I know they are Anti-2A or extremely Liberal, I won't go to their movie. Consequently, I rarely go to movies anymore.

I'm always annoyed to read about some author or star that I liked, speak out against things that I hold dear. It ruins ever reading or seeing anything by them again.

They have to right to say it (or write it) and I have the right to not read it or buy it.

I'm with Laura Ingraham...Shut Up and Sing!
    TX expat likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I read Stephen King because I enjoy the way he writes "fiction".

Why would I believe anything he says is real life isn't just more "fiction"? He's a writer, not a elected representative. But either case, they both deal in making fiction believable.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

NMB
    He always has been a great fiction author.

NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links