Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

This is a discussion on Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And he's donating the proceeds to the Brady Bunch. Guns (Kindle Single): Stephen King: Amazon.com: Kindle Store...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Before you buy another Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

VIP Member

And he's donating the proceeds to the Brady Bunch.

Guns (Kindle Single): Stephen King: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
    TheConcealer likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

There's no incentive to buy a Stephen King book in the first place.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ditto. His stories really aren't that good.
    Betty likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

He's a great storyteller...hell, I have three Stephen King tattoos. I don't have to agree with his personal beliefs to enjoy his books. As for my money, it usually goes to the guy who runs the used bookstore. So King doesn't see much cash out of me anyway lol. I have no idea what the used bookstore owner's politics are...
    OD*, RoadRunner71 and gregnsc like this.

I would download and read it for free on my kindle, but then he'd get paid and give the money to the Brady bunch, and I'm not going to help them. I'll just have to imagine what he's got to say.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Ditto. His stories really aren't that good.
    Come on... "The Stand" "Firestarter", "The Dead Zone", "The Green Mile", "It", "Misery", all the great short stories in "Skeleton Crew" and "Different Seasons" (including "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"? I mean, I don't agree with his politics, but he's been getting rich for years and it ain't because he writes bad stuff.
    sauerpuss likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    There's an excerpt here:

Don't give Steven King your money!
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Yes let's just start boycotting anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with us. I grew up where Steven King lives in Maine, and almost every baseball field I played on as a kid had been built by Stephen King - free of charge - so he's ok in my book.
    sauerpuss likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Yes let's just start boycotting anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with us. I grew up where Steven King lives in Maine, and almost every baseball field I played on as a kid had been built by Stephen King - free of charge - so he's ok in my book.
    Hey, you can buy every book he writes for all I care. I make a serious effort to not financially support anyone who seeks to take my rights away and I hope everyone else at least makes a conscious choice about where they spend their money; which was my point in posting this. If you note the title of my thread, I don't call for a boycott of SK, I'm simply trying to make everyone aware of his political agenda.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Anyone who writes the way Steven King writes is weird from the get-go. I haven't given him any money in the past and don't plan on giving him any in the future.

Everyone does what they think is best for them,but,i'm not going to necessarily boycott someone or a business,just because,they don't feel the way,i do about something.

I never really cared for his books. He flew into an airport where I worked and is one strange individual in the way he acts and his mannerisms.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Re: ... Steven King book, remember that he wrote this anti-2A piece

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    There's an excerpt here:

Don't give Steven King your money!
    Thanks for the link.. I won't buy his short 99 book. I will start writing a response to the excerpt. Similar to the means I responded to Piers Morgan, but not as a top ten list...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    There are plenty of other books that are worth purchasing prior to purchasing anything that Stephen King/Richard Bachman writes.

Sorry but guns & ammo rank higher on my list than a Stephen King book.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Bet King has a few weapons himself....the hypocrite. I won't give him any money through purchases...not books and not paying for movies. Let HIM go live in a Country that doesn't allow weapons....bet he would move back fast.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links