Pushing Back - Page 2

Pushing Back

This is a discussion on Pushing Back within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gee Thanks GaryB...now I have to figure out a way to poke out my mind's eye. I did get a good laugh out of it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pushing Back

Gee Thanks GaryB...now I have to figure out a way to poke out my mind's eye.

I did get a good laugh out of it though.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Hoplyte I haven't stopped throwing up since November...

I was debating the 2A and bill of rights on a liberal blog this evening and after a long debate about why taxing gun ownership (and any other civil liberty) created an aristocracy where only those who could afford it could be free I actually had to explain to some of them that in our National Anthem the words "Land of The FREE" meant the FREEDOM of We The People and our civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution and not "LAND OF THE FREE STUFF" like healthcare, phones, and welfare checks.

I KID YOU NOT they were serious. Stone cold SERIOUS as they could be that they did not understand the meaning of the word FREE in the song. THAT's the mindset we are dealing with here. No wonder they don't get it. And people don't believe it when their parents tell them that stuff will make them stupid. Geeez!!!
    RickyD and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I was debating the 2A and bill of rights on a liberal blog this evening and after a long debate about why taxing gun ownership (and any other civil liberty) created an aristocracy where only those who could afford it could be free I actually had to explain to some of them that in our National Anthem the words "Land of The FREE" meant the FREEDOM of We The People and our civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and Constitution and not "LAND OF THE FREE STUFF" like healthcare, phones, and welfare checks.

I KID YOU NOT they were serious. Stone cold SERIOUS as they could be that they did not understand the meaning of the word FREE in the song. THAT's the mindset we are dealing with here. No wonder they don't get it. And people don't believe it when their parents tell them that stuff will make them stupid. Geeez!!!
    I believe it. And I fear for the future of the new emerging generation and for the future of our country.

I'm a few weeks late to the discussion, but I had to resurrect this thread. I found this board while googling myself to see all the stories that included my interview from the 2A rally in Concord. I'm the Adam Brisebois referenced in the story.

I didn't sound as bad as I thought I did right after the interview, the guy caught me off guard trying to keep my daughter happy and warm in the 40 degree weather. I was an obvious target with my open carried .380 pistol and my .30-30 rifle on one shoulder with my 3 year old on the other. I'm just glad he picked those two "bites" out of the (most likely) incoherent babbling I was spewing whilst cornered.

I stand behind what I said, in that we need to push back and let the governments (local, state, and federal) that we will not be infringed upon. I have always said you have three boxes to affect change on a nation. 1) The soap box 2) The ballot box 3) The Cartridge box. These ongoing rallies (Another one is scheduled for this weekend) are step #1. Step 2 is more difficult with the divide throughout the country. Step 3 will hopefully never need to happen. Hopefully the legislators of this country will take notice that we are willing and able to prevent tyranny against our rights.

I'm surprised I haven't found this forum before, and I'm sure I'll find plenty of other topics to weigh in on.

Regards,

Adam
    SigPapa226 likes this.

...welcome and thanks for being aware that sometimes just yelling at the news doesn't work...you have to show up...may your 3-ear-old teach your grandchildren the same...
    zombienerd likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links