Just sat in on a meeting of my State Representative's...

This is a discussion on Just sat in on a meeting of my State Representative's... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Cokeman Who is the politician in the video? There apparently were several people up there. One of them was Michael Green, with ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Just sat in on a meeting of my State Representative's...

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Who is the politician in the video?
    There apparently were several people up there. One of them was Michael Green, with the Division of Criminal Justice Services. I don't know who the politicians(s) was/were.

2. Remove Ads

But not Cuomo? I'd like to see him face the people he is taking freedom from.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Sounds like Minnesota might be going off the deep end though, hope not...
    Heard about this on my drive in:
    Obama to campaign for gun proposals in Minnesota - US News and World Report
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Distinguished Member
    Thanks for the update and for being active!

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post

We do NOT have a monster city like NYC, Chicago, or Minneapolis. I think that makes a difference.
    We do. It's called Detroit. Thankfully, its political machine has been shown to be so dysfunctional for so long, the state only gives it enough to keep it on life support. The suburbs, where most of the people who work downtown live, are staunchly pro-gun. That said, I still worry that our governor will lay in the middle on this one. He failed to sign a couple of bills that hit his desk that would have allowed for a "higher level" CPL that would allow people the permit to carry in all the current "gun-free zones", like LEOs, after additional training and certification, and one that would have killed off our current pistol purchase permit system in favor of just using the Federal background check system. If those hadn't been scheduled to be signed on the same day as the Sandy Hook shooting, they might have had a chance. I'm hoping they are resubmitted towards the end of session and they can get enough votes to override the governor if need be.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links