Universal Background Checks= Common ground? - Page 3

Universal Background Checks= Common ground?

This is a discussion on Universal Background Checks= Common ground? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If i have legally been able to buy a firearm,and i've never hurt a soul,there is no reason, the govt needs to know,or register it....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Universal Background Checks= Common ground?

If i have legally been able to buy a firearm,and i've never hurt a soul,there is no reason, the govt needs to know,or register it.

When are they gona put something on the table: GCA, NFA GFZ's?
    Doghandler likes this.

I agree with 84JeepJohn

Quote Originally Posted by 84jeepjohn View Post
    I'm getting upset by the use of UBC. as it sits I'm ok with what's in place NOW!!! I do NOT AGREE with having to do a background check on my son or wife if I decide I want to give them a gun. Period. If people want to sell privately (I have once) then maybe we COULD do like some states where the buyer goes to the sheriffs office and gets a purchase card. That way there is a NICS check already. And we are NOT registering anything. It just says yep he/she can buy
    I would also support an affordable buyer's permit system and would recommend that people who have a CCW not need to pay for a new permit (I do not have a CCW currently). But, CCW holders would have to submit their information into the buyer's permit system. That way, sellers could call or log into a website to check that a buyer's permit is valid and be comfortable that the sale is legal. This system should also be valid for FFL purchases.

I understand the need and would feel more comfortable if I could have a way to have a background check when I sell or trade firearms. However, I do not want to enable the government to track every purchase or the people buying and selling. I agree with the states that have a permit process for the purchase of firearms.

BTW - the fee for a purchase permit should be locked-in and the process for raising it should be very difficult.

I don't ever want to be a position where I learn that I unknowingly transferred a firearm to a dishonest or ineligible person. Honestly, I do not know if any of my family has been convicted of a crime or is under treatment for a mental illness. Although, I do have suspicions about a few.

Universal Background Checks= Common ground?

No common ground. They have failed to prove that the guns are the issue. If we get UBC it should be forced on us.

Can someone show me how any of these " Mass Shootings" would have been averted by UNC?

The homicide rate is less than 1/2 half of that in 1994 ( 2011 FBI UCR)This is with the existing laws. Please explain how UBC will help?

I am of the opinion that the bigger issue are the SSRI drugs. They are the common link in all these case. I suspect we will find they were in use by the shooter of the the Sniper author as well.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ence-and-ssris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links