How to ban guns

This is a discussion on How to ban guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm not quite sure what to make of this article. On one hand, it seems like it's written as a spoof, but on the other ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By FiremanPaul
  • 1 Post By sixgun

Thread: How to ban guns

How to ban guns

I'm not quite sure what to make of this article. On one hand, it seems like it's written as a spoof, but on the other hand, it might indeed reveal the true anti-gun agenda and plan. Defensive Carry members most likely already know this, but read this and let me know what you think? Seems like a plausible plan (probably has been for years) and seems most likely what's in their mind.

Can they pull it off? Now...no. But they are thinking long term...

Daily Kos: How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Interesting read, has already been posted though.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

That's the plan..................
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I actually managed to read through the whole thing. Feel dirty now and have the taste of bile in my mouth. These people live in a dream world with dictatorial fantasies. They all assume the populace would give in with merely a sigh. Circular reasoning, denial or ignorance of history, and poor logic.
    Clodbert, PAPADALE1 and baren like this.

Yep, i already read this from a previous post. And yes, I have no doubt that this process is in the minds of many people, probably including some of our politicians. That's why we must be always on our guard, and we must continue to let our elected officials know how we feel on the subject, over and over again, until they get it that "we the people" will not stand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanPaul View Post
    I actually managed to read through the whole thing. Feel dirty now and have the taste of bile in my mouth. These people live in a dream world with dictatorial fantasies. They all assume the populace would give in with merely a sigh. Circular reasoning, denial or ignorance of history, and poor logic.

You have more discipline than myself. I made it through a few sentences, skimmed the rest, and closed the window.

I can't stomach ignorance of that severity.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The article is written like a spoof, but I don't think that it was mean as a spoof. Undoubtedly there are some for whom this would be a wonderful dream. They are a minority. If you take a look at the comment sections, DK uses a recomend function which is equivalent to the like feature in this forum. The "tip jar" is the like feature of the original post. This post had an exceptionally poor response, even from the DK community, only getting 4 indicating that this is too much even for the far left Progressives.

I like FiremanPaul, Need a shower!!! Jeez. They are NUTS!
    I Love Guns!!!

Did Pierce Morgan write this. lol
    baren likes this.

And yet the poll at the bottom of the article is running at 91% AGAINST a gun ban. Maybe the entire organization at Daily Kos is a spoof!

VIP Member
    The author is a fool, who, if he was a CO on the battlefield, would have been shot by his own men.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I am relatively new here and had never seen that. I also don't know if it's a spoof, but I voted in the poll at the bottom and the results for a gun ban were 90+ percent against. That's a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I am relatively new here and had never seen that. I also don't know if it's a spoof, but I voted in the poll at the bottom and the results for a gun ban were 90+ percent against. That's a good thing.
    That's one reason I posted this. I don't understand why people will write "this has already been posted." Often times there are new people that don't go through old posts, they just look at what's new.

Anyway, yes it is unpopular even with some on the left, but don't you think it's the true intentions of this President? He is on record starting that he doesn't think anyone needs a handgun. He said that long before he was President.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    This has to be a spoof. Only Diane Feinstein, Bloomberg, Chicago Democrats, and a gaggle of Hollywood liberals would be stupid enough to write something like that!

Links