Reasonable restrictions

Reasonable restrictions

This is a discussion on Reasonable restrictions within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The amount of phone calls, email, junk mail, flyers etc out there is crazy. All this free speech is overwhelming. I propose reasonable restrictions on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Reasonable restrictions

Reasonable restrictions

The amount of phone calls, email, junk mail, flyers etc out there is crazy. All this free speech is overwhelming. I propose reasonable restrictions on all this speech. Does anyone really need a high speed printer? The only printers anybody reasonably needs is a movable type printer like Franklin used at the time of the revolution. No one really needs more than 10 texts per day. Besides, only professional like reporters and politicians can be trusted with so much free speech.
    Thompsonian likes this.

Those XL ink cartridges for ink jets need to be regulated too. You can print almost 700 pages with one and not have to switch ccartridges. Having to change an ink cartridge might save one person a day from having to read a nutty anti letter.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

dont forget they make so many loud noises, its so scary
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I think we could improve things by limiting elected officials to a thousand words a month.
    JNC, tcox4freedom and RichB70 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    The tele-marketing is especially dangerous.
    It causes interruptions to my day, thereby creating sleep deprivation + distraction...I could lose my job.
    If I lose my job, I might become despondent and do something stupid.
    If I do something stupid, I might go to jail.
    If I go to jail, I will cause a strain on the system while your tax dollars support me...

If...Oh; never mind..if I lose my job I'll just getz meez sum a' dem Obama bucks..Then I'll call YOU wit my free Obama phone.
    JoseRomeroJr likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Think about the fact that the 2A right to BEAR (i.e.carry) arms is the ONLY civil liberty in which (most states) you are required to apply for and pay for a PERMIT in order to exercise. And some are now proposing a TAX on firearms to own them. I propose 2 additional amendments:

1) Whatever proposal to limit ANY civil liberty has to be imposed on ALL civil liberties equally.

2) Whatever laws the Federal and/or State government impose on the citizens they also have to abide. They have to abide by the same rules for social security, healthcare, and firearms as what they impose on us.
    oneshot and sauerpuss like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FiremanPaul View Post
    The amount of phone calls, email, junk mail, flyers etc out there is crazy. All this free speech is overwhelming. I propose reasonable restrictions on all this speech. Does anyone really need a high speed printer? The only printers anybody reasonably needs is a movable type printer like Franklin used at the time of the revolution. No one really needs more than 10 texts per day. Besides, only professional like reporters and politicians can be trusted with so much free speech.
    We do have restrictions on speech already. There are for example laws against spamming. There are Do Not Call lists. There are plenty of laws against threats, slander.

Don't confuse the word "reasonable" with "arbitrary."
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    There's too much smoking going on here to be serious.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    There's too much smoking going on here to be serious.
    But...but...I didn't inhale!
    multistage likes this.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

When talking about gun control, 'reasonable' and 'restriction' do not fit in the same sentence.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let's compare the current state of the 2A as compared to applying the same restriction on the 1st. You can own a gun in your home but if you carry it out in public you have to apply and pay for a permit. Apply this to you can speak freely in your house but if you speak in public you have to apply for and obtain a permit (and possibly be limited to 7 or 10 words). Same with exercising your religion of choice and right to assemble. There would be outrage in the streets, lawsuits by the ACLU. You would the the ACLU would be all over protecting ALL civil liberties. Once the govt gets the taste in their mouths that they can restrict one civil liberty what makes anyone think they will stop there.
    Cold Shot and tcox4freedom like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ah, but you see - guns kill. Words don't.

(Never mind words written by people like Marx, Lenin, Hitler, and Mao - which led to the slaughter of millions upon millions.)
    JoseRomeroJr likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Ban all books. I got a paper cut today reading about Glock pistols...
    JoseRomeroJr likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Oh yeah, limit it to 10 - AGREED.
    Love the humor here. Good job!

Re: Reasonable restrictions

Egalitarian society has no need for Constitutions. The one is no more or less equal than the other or the many - at least within whatever tolerance is built in by social and anti-social feedback.

Stratfied society, however, gives need to Constitutions having given admonition to the injustice and arrogance of men - the pursuit of happiness. What ever tolerance is built into the system will be found out one way or another just like always.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links