Background Checks

This is a discussion on Background Checks within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is my multi-tiered approach to making America safer. 1) Background checks on ALL U.S Citizens when they reach the age of maturity to insure ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RightsEroding

Thread: Background Checks

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Background Checks

This is my multi-tiered approach to making America safer.

1) Background checks on ALL U.S Citizens when they reach the age of maturity to insure they are not now nor may become mentally unbalanced in the future. This would be accomplished through screening by government appointed psychiatrists.

2) Mandatory DNA screening for ALL Americans to determine if they have a propensity to drug or alcohol abuse.

3) Clear the streets of Meth, crack cocaine and Heroin by writing laws that make it illegal to own or possess dangerous pharmacological chemicals.

That should do it.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

2. Remove Ads

Data on the efficacy of this approach would not be on your side just like it's not on the side on the anti-gun crowd.

But that hasn't stopped them in the past and it won't stop them now.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I was hoping my satire was obvious. LOL
    RichB70 likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

It was obvious but due to the sheer amount of unreasonable nonsense we've heard over the past few months, I resorted to habit and started poking holes in the arguments.

They have us trained like dogs to salivate whenever we hear a bell. We start tearing down arguments, outing poor logic, and fact-checking any time the anti-gun crowd offers up another "reasonable restriction" or "cure for gun violence."

The scary thing is that I could easily imagine somebody saying what you've typed with a straight face and meaning every word.

I would not mind a universal back ground check so much if it went something along these lines. Get your background check and it spits a a card stating you have not been a bad boy and are allowed to purchase guns. Expires in four years and they run it agian. Everytime you want to buy a gun, show them your card and money, they hand you the gun. If you get caught with a gun and you are not eligible to own one and you get a mandatory 25 years. I just have hard time accepting anyting that only goes after the good guys and lets the bad guys do whatever they want to. I will assure you that they will never come up with a plan that goes after criminals and leaves law abiding citizens alone. Why do you think that is?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Use the Satire font next time. You forgot the RFID chip too.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Background Checks

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Use the Satire font next time. You forgot the RFID chip too.
    Roger that!

I wonder if my drinking water filter stops nano probes?
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Links