Defensive Carry banner

NY Governor's Approval Rating Drops

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  BamaT 
#1 ·
After NY Governor Andrew Cuomo forced through his controversial "gun control" (note: not "crime control") bill, his approval rating dropped 15 percentage points in just one month. Clearly, this is unpopular legislation and should be a warning to other legislators that the state (meaning the people) is unhappy with new laws that only further encumber law-abiding citizens and that do nothing to control crime.

Gov. Cuomo's approval rating drops 15 points after new gun law - NY Daily News

Reactions: tony1990
#4 ·
Time for NY citizens to read up on the recall/referendum elections process. Vote every one of the oath-breaking, Constitution-hating hirelings out.

#5 ·
Not only his NY Governor ratings but my thoughts are that Andrew Cuomo can and has seen his bid for the top seat (President) go out the window.

Reactions: BugDude
#8 ·
THIS!! Especially after his speech on passing this nanny bill...reminded me of the 'meltdown' that Howard Dean had a few years back. All Cuomo's opponents would have to do is just loop his speech and it would be all over. I predict a Republican prez next time...

#6 ·
When approval ratings gets high they think it gives them permission to do what ever they want. Like others, how does he even rate a 70% plus. Is that state really that democratic. Makes me wonder why.

#7 ·
Surprise, surprise, surprise. I'm dumfounded that it still remains as high as it is. I would think his approval rating would be about 30%. Just goes to show you how many clueless people exist there.

If you think about it, ALL of the criminals must love him. They love gun control because it gives them a distinct advantage over the law-abiding citizens. It creates a black market business opportunity. It also distracts police from real criminals while they are chasing Dads and Grandads that refuse to comply with an unconstitutional law.

#18 ·
Yeh, but it's been proven that 97.29638% of all statistics are just numbers somebody pulled out of their a$$.

#13 ·
Andrew Cuomo, and every senator and assembly member in NYS, already should've been tarred and feathered by now. The fact that, instead of what he deserves, he still comfortably sits in the state capitol with an approval rating above 50%, says more about what is wrong with this country than an entire essay I might write could. Pathetic.

#15 ·
And a 24 man armed guard force with, I am sure, high capacity magazines.

#14 ·
If "approval ratings" actually translated into the likelihood of political survival or demise, I might give a rat's patoot. Unfortunately, approval ratings have all the staying power of last week's Dancing With the Stars rejects.

One data point does not define anything. It takes two points to define a straight line, and at least three points to identify a trend. Let's see where the approval rating is in late October, 2014.

#20 ·
I think he'll be selling apple's on the streets of Manhattan when this is all over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.