NY Governor's Approval Rating Drops

This is a discussion on NY Governor's Approval Rating Drops within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After NY Governor Andrew Cuomo forced through his controversial "gun control" (note: not "crime control") bill, his approval rating dropped 15 percentage points in just ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: NY Governor's Approval Rating Drops

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

After NY Governor Andrew Cuomo forced through his controversial "gun control" (note: not "crime control") bill, his approval rating dropped 15 percentage points in just one month. Clearly, this is unpopular legislation and should be a warning to other legislators that the state (meaning the people) is unhappy with new laws that only further encumber law-abiding citizens and that do nothing to control crime.

Gov. Cuomo's approval rating drops 15 points after new gun law - NY Daily News
    tony1990 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Only 15 % points...................?

So.......NY has a population of 59% ?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Time for NY citizens to read up on the recall/referendum elections process. Vote every one of the oath-breaking, Constitution-hating hirelings out.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Not only his NY Governor ratings but my thoughts are that Andrew Cuomo can and has seen his bid for the top seat (President) go out the window.
    BugDude likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

When approval ratings gets high they think it gives them permission to do what ever they want. Like others, how does he even rate a 70% plus. Is that state really that democratic. Makes me wonder why.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Surprise, surprise, surprise. I'm dumfounded that it still remains as high as it is. I would think his approval rating would be about 30%. Just goes to show you how many clueless people exist there.

If you think about it, ALL of the criminals must love him. They love gun control because it gives them a distinct advantage over the law-abiding citizens. It creates a black market business opportunity. It also distracts police from real criminals while they are chasing Dads and Grandads that refuse to comply with an unconstitutional law.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Not only his NY Governor ratings but my thoughts are that Andrew Cuomo can and has seen his bid for the top seat (President) go out the window.
    THIS!! Especially after his speech on passing this nanny bill...reminded me of the 'meltdown' that Howard Dean had a few years back. All Cuomo's opponents would have to do is just loop his speech and it would be all over. I predict a Republican prez next time...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

VIP Member
    After that ranting I heard from him on TV, I'm surprised it's not lower.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

...I hadda laugh out loud!!! Thanks for this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    One can only hope.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    But....but....but how can that be???? According to the latest MSNBC poll, 99.989778% of all gun owners support far stricter gun control. And among NRA members, it's 137.989995%.

Crowbait and msgt/ret like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Andrew Cuomo, and every senator and assembly member in NYS, already should've been tarred and feathered by now. The fact that, instead of what he deserves, he still comfortably sits in the state capitol with an approval rating above 50%, says more about what is wrong with this country than an entire essay I might write could. Pathetic.

If "approval ratings" actually translated into the likelihood of political survival or demise, I might give a rat's patoot. Unfortunately, approval ratings have all the staying power of last week's Dancing With the Stars rejects.

One data point does not define anything. It takes two points to define a straight line, and at least three points to identify a trend. Let's see where the approval rating is in late October, 2014.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Andrew Cuomo, and every senator and assembly member in NYS, already should've been tarred and feathered by now. The fact that, instead of what he deserves, he still comfortably sits in the state capitol with an approval rating above 50%, says more about what is wrong with this country than an entire essay I might write could. Pathetic.
    And a 24 man armed guard force with, I am sure, high capacity magazines.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links