"Say what?!", Biden?

This is a discussion on "Say what?!", Biden? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by rednichols I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: "Say what?!", Biden?

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?
    YOU may have "a reasonably high i.q.", BUT I have seen over the years that Joe Biden doesn't. Talk about a guy that "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing"....the left side of his brain never knows what the right side of the brain is doing and vice vesa.

I have also heard that he has a "little" drinking problem. That would explain some, but when the Democrats say "That's just Joe being Joe" what they are really saying is "Ignore him....he is dumber than a box of rocks." Sometimes he forgets his lines and tells the truth. That is what happened here.

Biden's mouth usually over runs his brain. (Big mouth ...little brain?)
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by J.Thompson View Post
    Just think, if anything were to happen to Obama, THIS is the imbecile we'd be left with. I've often wondered if anyone in Washington could possibly have a more severe intellectual defecit than the current Commander in Chief; apparently Mr. Biden has set out to be the one-upper.
    I agree. I think that is one reason Obama kept Biden as V.P. Obama's life is safer with people knowing if anything happens to him....Biden would fill the big shoes and THAT is a scary thought. Heck, I'm surprised Obama even needs all that Secret Service. It is what makes me pray for Obama's good health.

As the old saying goes, "Just when you don't think it could get worse....it gets worse".
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    How does he then find the courage to continue on with his assignment from POTUS?

....I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?
    I think the problem is that they get a 'pass' on any and every screw up. I believe that POTUS could come out and state that he intends to re-org the United States under a global world-order and he would still have the support of the majority of the voters, so long as he promises to continue to give them free stuff.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

VIP Member
    Spirit51 and Rcher like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

It's not about gun control...

China is fed up with taking worthless printed paper from the US. China wants the US Traitors to start turning over US assets to them. That's why China is happy about US gun control. They are afraid Americans will rise up when are Country is being divied up.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

Gun control lesson number 1:

It's not about guns.

It's about control.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Here's my theory:
    In the last four years, the left has been pretty good at managing expectations. They are also good at working on long range goals.

In other words, they know that evil black rifles are rarely used in crimes (the vast majority of criminals who use guns use handguns). They also know that the last time "assault weapons" were banned, it had no effect on crime. So they want us to know ahead of time, and get used to the idea, that nothing will really change when the bill(s) are passed. But, why would they continue with something that they know won't work.

The answer is incrementalism (I think that's a word.) So, they know that they can't completely ban guns, which is what they want. And they know they can't completely ban handguns, which would be their second choice. But they think they have a chance with the evil black rifles, so that's what they go for. They will also pile on anything else they think they can get, e.g. universal background checks, mag size limits, maybe something related to ammo, etc. We fight and maybe only a couple of minor things change. We all sigh with relief. Boy, that could have been much worse...

So, we accept the idea of the federal government regulating guns more than they already do. And then next year or the year after something else happens and they add more regulations. And then five years from now they add more regulations, and etc., and etc. And then one day we wake up and realize that the Second Amendment has been, in effect, repealed.

This is why we should resist any bills, no matter how minor they seem.
    SigPapa226 and oneshot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by knowltk View Post
    Here's my theory:
    In the last four years, the left has been pretty good at managing expectations. They are also good at working on long range goals.

In other words, they know that evil black rifles are rarely used in crimes (the vast majority of criminals who use guns use handguns). They also know that the last time "assault weapons" were banned, it had no effect on crime. So they want us to know ahead of time, and get used to the idea, that nothing will really change when the bill(s) are passed. But, why would they continue with something that they know won't work.

The answer is incrementalism (I think that's a word.) So, they know that they can't completely ban guns, which is what they want. And they know they can't completely ban handguns, which would be their second choice. But they think they have a chance with the evil black rifles, so that's what they go for. They will also pile on anything else they think they can get, e.g. universal background checks, mag size limits, maybe something related to ammo, etc. We fight and maybe only a couple of minor things change. We all sigh with relief. Boy, that could have been much worse...

So, we accept the idea of the federal government regulating guns more than they already do. And then next year or the year after something else happens and they add more regulations. And then five years from now they add more regulations, and etc., and etc. And then one day we wake up and realize that the Second Amendment has been, in effect, repealed.

This is why we should resist any bills, no matter how minor they seem.
    You are 100% correct. it is being done in a "piecemeal" fashion.

Scott

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    OK, this is the SECOND time I've seen people insulting rocks on this forum!
    Milk out the nose there!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Reading through coverage of POTUS' skeet shooting pic, I was dumbfounded to read this within the article:
    added).

My reading of this is that Biden is admitting that gun control doesn't work; that is, guns are not the problem.

How does he then find the courage to continue on with his assignment from POTUS?

I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?

^^^Because he is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A NWO puppet.

They are brainwashed into thinking that they will be rewarded when the real rulers of the world, bestow their graces on all who help them achieve their goal of world domination.
    Can you say Fuedalism?
    Cokeman likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links