Defensive Carry banner

"Say what?!", Biden?

2K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  oneshot 
#1 ·
Reading through coverage of POTUS' skeet shooting pic, I was dumbfounded to read this within the article:

Vice President Joe Biden led Obama's gun violence task force convened after the December 14 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. He acknowledged to reporters after a Thursday meeting with Democrats on Capitol Hill that "Nothing we are going to do is fundamentally going to alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down." Obama had made similar comments earlier in the month. (emphasis added).

My reading of this is that Biden is admitting that gun control doesn't work; that is, guns are not the problem.

How does he then find the courage to continue on with his assignment from POTUS?

I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?

#4 ·
Maybe there's context I'm missing, but I'd bet what he meant was: "Because the evil NRA and GOP are thwarting our efforts, what we're left with won't help so you can blame them when the shootings continue." Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't articulate this a little better.

Unless he really did mean what people think he meant in which case....

:banghead:

#5 ·
They all know that the type of gun control they are proposing won't work. It's not about public safety or gun control for eliminating these type shootings. They just use that as a way to sell it to the people. They're goal is to totally disarm this population so they can impose any thing they wish on the American people without fear of resistance.Tyrants can't have the kind of control over the population that they want if they are an armed population.

Reactions: ccw9mm
#7 ·
Just think, if anything were to happen to Obama, THIS is the imbecile we'd be left with. I've often wondered if anyone in Washington could possibly have a more severe intellectual defecit than the current Commander in Chief; apparently Mr. Biden has set out to be the one-upper.

#17 ·
I agree. I think that is one reason Obama kept Biden as V.P. Obama's life is safer with people knowing if anything happens to him....Biden would fill the big shoes and THAT is a scary thought. Heck, I'm surprised Obama even needs all that Secret Service. It is what makes me pray for Obama's good health.

As the old saying goes, "Just when you don't think it could get worse....it gets worse".

#11 ·
#14 ·
Yep, Biden was caught telling the truth. But, they have a bigger agenda. Just like the representative in NY who said he was voting for the restrictive bill there, admitting that it won't make any practical difference, but it will begin the process of working on the minds of the people. Their bigger agenda is to make guns "uncool" and lower the number of people who choose to own firearms.

#15 ·
...but it will begin the process of working on the minds of the people. Their bigger agenda is to make guns "uncool" and lower the number of people who choose to own firearms.
This is the agenda that has been used since the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. "How can we demonize firearms of any kind." They've used this psychological wedge against handguns. It resulted in the 1968 Gun Control Act . They used it against 'assault weapons' in 1984. (It didn't work then.) They're trying it yet again.

We cannot let them win!

Scott

#16 ·
I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?
YOU may have "a reasonably high i.q.", BUT I have seen over the years that Joe Biden doesn't. :blink: Talk about a guy that "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing"....the left side of his brain never knows what the right side of the brain is doing and vice vesa.

I have also heard that he has a "little" drinking problem. That would explain some, but when the Democrats say "That's just Joe being Joe" what they are really saying is "Ignore him....he is dumber than a box of rocks." Sometimes he forgets his lines and tells the truth. That is what happened here.

Biden's mouth usually over runs his brain. (Big mouth ...little brain?) :rofl:

#18 ·
How does he then find the courage to continue on with his assignment from POTUS?

....I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?
I think the problem is that they get a 'pass' on any and every screw up. I believe that POTUS could come out and state that he intends to re-org the United States under a global world-order and he would still have the support of the majority of the voters, so long as he promises to continue to give them free stuff.

#21 ·
Gun control lesson number 1:

It's not about guns.

It's about control.

Reactions: Spirit51
#22 ·
Here's my theory:
In the last four years, the left has been pretty good at managing expectations. They are also good at working on long range goals.

In other words, they know that evil black rifles are rarely used in crimes (the vast majority of criminals who use guns use handguns). They also know that the last time "assault weapons" were banned, it had no effect on crime. So they want us to know ahead of time, and get used to the idea, that nothing will really change when the bill(s) are passed. But, why would they continue with something that they know won't work.

The answer is incrementalism (I think that's a word.) So, they know that they can't completely ban guns, which is what they want. And they know they can't completely ban handguns, which would be their second choice. But they think they have a chance with the evil black rifles, so that's what they go for. They will also pile on anything else they think they can get, e.g. universal background checks, mag size limits, maybe something related to ammo, etc. We fight and maybe only a couple of minor things change. We all sigh with relief. Boy, that could have been much worse...

So, we accept the idea of the federal government regulating guns more than they already do. And then next year or the year after something else happens and they add more regulations. And then five years from now they add more regulations, and etc., and etc. And then one day we wake up and realize that the Second Amendment has been, in effect, repealed.

This is why we should resist any bills, no matter how minor they seem.

#25 ·
Reading through coverage of POTUS' skeet shooting pic, I was dumbfounded to read this within the article:
added).

My reading of this is that Biden is admitting that gun control doesn't work; that is, guns are not the problem.

^^^Because he is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A NWO puppet.

They are brainwashed into thinking that they will be rewarded when the real rulers of the world, bestow their graces on all who help them achieve their goal of world domination.
Can you say Fuedalism?

Reactions: Cokeman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.