"Say what?!", Biden?

This is a discussion on "Say what?!", Biden? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Reading through coverage of POTUS' skeet shooting pic, I was dumbfounded to read this within the article: Vice President Joe Biden led Obama's gun violence ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: "Say what?!", Biden?

"Say what?!", Biden?

Reading through coverage of POTUS' skeet shooting pic, I was dumbfounded to read this within the article:

Vice President Joe Biden led Obama's gun violence task force convened after the December 14 shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut. He acknowledged to reporters after a Thursday meeting with Democrats on Capitol Hill that "Nothing we are going to do is fundamentally going to alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down." Obama had made similar comments earlier in the month. (emphasis added).

My reading of this is that Biden is admitting that gun control doesn't work; that is, guns are not the problem.

How does he then find the courage to continue on with his assignment from POTUS?

I've a reasonably high i.q., yet I'm happy to hear from forum members who can explain to me, what appears to be a major faux pas by Biden?
    tony1990 and crossfireltd like this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    In the words of Democrats everywhere, laughing as they say "Heck, that is just Joe being Joe".
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

It was also interesting to read about other departments proclaiming the AR-15 as the perfect home defense weapon, DOH!!!!! Face plant!
    19181911colt likes this.

Maybe there's context I'm missing, but I'd bet what he meant was: "Because the evil NRA and GOP are thwarting our efforts, what we're left with won't help so you can blame them when the shootings continue." Frankly, I'm surprised he didn't articulate this a little better.

Unless he really did mean what people think he meant in which case....

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    They all know that the type of gun control they are proposing won't work. It's not about public safety or gun control for eliminating these type shootings. They just use that as a way to sell it to the people. They're goal is to totally disarm this population so they can impose any thing they wish on the American people without fear of resistance.Tyrants can't have the kind of control over the population that they want if they are an armed population.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Major faux pas by Biden? Isn't that just a regular day in D.C?
    357and40 likes this.

Just think, if anything were to happen to Obama, THIS is the imbecile we'd be left with. I've often wondered if anyone in Washington could possibly have a more severe intellectual defecit than the current Commander in Chief; apparently Mr. Biden has set out to be the one-upper.
    Spirit51 and 19181911colt like this.

The answer is simple it is in his DNA. He can not help it.

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

He has perpetual "Foot in Mouth" Disease.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Biden is stupid as a rock.

it is in his DNA
    No, it is what is not in his DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Biden is stupid as a rock...
    OK, this is the SECOND time I've seen people insulting rocks on this forum!
    357and40, Warmon, ctr and 3 others like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#0002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I liken Biden to a broken clock, even it gets the time right twice a day. Biden possibly had an accidental moment of truthfulness.
    crossfireltd and Spirit51 like this.

Hey, be charitable. Joe is handicapped; he suffers from Stage 4 "Foot in Mouth" disease. As I recall, it was first diagnosed in 1987.
    Answer Man: Recalling plagiarism by Biden | Answer Man | News Democrat
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Yep, Biden was caught telling the truth. But, they have a bigger agenda. Just like the representative in NY who said he was voting for the restrictive bill there, admitting that it won't make any practical difference, but it will begin the process of working on the minds of the people. Their bigger agenda is to make guns "uncool" and lower the number of people who choose to own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    ...but it will begin the process of working on the minds of the people. Their bigger agenda is to make guns "uncool" and lower the number of people who choose to own firearms.
    This is the agenda that has been used since the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. "How can we demonize firearms of any kind." They've used this psychological wedge against handguns. It resulted in the 1968 Gun Control Act . They used it against 'assault weapons' in 1984. (It didn't work then.) They're trying it yet again.

We cannot let them win!

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links