NY: Time To Fight!

This is a discussion on NY: Time To Fight! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's all hope for the best! http://www.nysrpa.org/files/SAFENoticeOfClaim.pdf...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: NY: Time To Fight!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Go
    THE NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSOCIATION, WESTCHESTER COUNTY FIREARMS OWNERS ASSOCIATION,
    SPORTSMEN’S ASSOCIATION FOR FIREARMS EDUCATION, INC., and AR15.COM LLC,

Best of luck to you.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I realize we have to have gun laws.Everyone has a right to their opinion.I swear,the governor,and his merry followers,of N.Y,really are delusional.Looks like they will have a fight on their hands.Good,they asked for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I realize we have to have gun laws.Everyone has a right to their opinion.I swear,the governor,and his merry followers,of N.Y,really are delusional.Looks like they will have a fight on their hands.Good,they asked for it.
    Give em errrrr a hot place with no exit? We have to have gun laws? Really??? I dont think the Constitution said anything about us having to have gun laws. I think it pretty much says we have one gun law that trumps all the rest of em. Shall not be infringed.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    The gauntlet has been thrown, now to see how the rulers respond.
    oneshot and ksholder like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Good luck!

Oops. I meant to post this in the "The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion" section. Can a mod move it there?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Oops. I meant to post this in the "The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion" section. Can a mod move it there?
    Nope your going to DC hell
    I'd be interested in if they need financial help if they set up a fund for people to contribute,to be honest now that NY'ers have said enough of this Dictator Ruling I'm all for going all Yammamoto with them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    What is that sound I hear...it's a can of legal whoop getting opened and the NY tyrants are about to get a lesson in the limits of government powers.

I have an interesting thought here. As part of this eventual court case, and subsequent appeals (likely all the way to SCOTUS), if you're going to fight these infringements fight ALL of them. And if you're going to fight magazine limits as being unconstitutional, then I'd also fight the previous 10 round limit too. IF you're gonna fight, fight hard!!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If NY'ers rolled over and died for 16 oz sodas, what makes you think guns will be any different?
    Jetfuelrm, Doghandler and Cokeman like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

There is no enumerated constitutional right to diabetic coma enducing buckets of soda.
    10thmtn likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I hope that they fight hard and strong but I wont hold my breath.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If NY'ers rolled over and died for 16 oz sodas, what makes you think guns will be any different?
    This is a lot more serious than soda. We will definetly see what they're made of. Don't just fight hard boys, fight to win.

VIP Member
    I'm sympathetic to the challenge, and please don't take this as anti--- I think they will get nowhere.

Unless Congress passes national legislation the courts will leave it to the individual state legislatures. Heller IMO is
    going to be our undoing and not the victory so many think it is.

OTOH, Congress could pass a "2A protection act," and set the definition of "non-infringing regulations' for everything
    from capacity to licensing, thus removing the issue from the whims of the individual states.

So many here are afraid of that type of solution, but there are
    huge advantages to having the regulations specified by Congress and uniform throughout the land.

If nothing is done at the national level we will get to a point in time where it is 5 in one place, unlimited in another,
    7 in another, 10 in another.

And for those who don't like courts legislating, I don't see any other choice than Congressional action to keep
    the states from further weaving the crazy quilt of gun laws.
    tokerblue, Doghandler and boatman like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links