Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo?

This is a discussion on Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After Fast & Furious, everyone should be skeptical of anything the Govt says and does and what their true motives are. The reality is most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo?

After Fast & Furious, everyone should be skeptical of anything the Govt says and does and what their true motives are.

The reality is most likely way less exotic than the imagined possibilities. My guess is while some of the Govt Goobers were trolling Guns & Ammo Forums on the interwebz to see what was buzzing at the ground level they started reading everyone posting about a major Guns & Ammo shortage. They told their bosses, who told their bosses, etc. and before you know it someone approved the purchase of a ton of Guns & Ammo. The irony is they're too stupid to realize they caused it, or that by virtue of them ordering more of both it is driving the prices up and supply down hence achieving their objective. I wouldn't give them enough credit to have planned it out that way though.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    They don't need a domestic army, all they have to do is keep promising rainbows and lollipops for all; and that someone else will pay for it all. The lazy and mindless sheep will just keep electing them. The sheep only see the free stuff and pay no attention as their rights are slowly and methodically eliminated. Bahh, bahh, bahh...
    When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you get Paul's vote. You also convince Paul that trampling all over Peter's rights to do this is a good thing. Paul is to blinded by dependency upon the government to see that HIS rights have just been trampled on too.

And when you have more Paul's than Peters, you get what we had in the last two Presidential Elections.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    When you rob Peter to pay Paul, you get Paul's vote. You also convince Paul that trampling all over Peter's rights to do this is a good thing. Paul is to blinded by dependency upon the government to see that HIS rights have just been trampled on too.

And when you have more Paul's than Peters, you get what we had in the last two Presidential Elections.
    When Paul is finally robbed of all his goods, anarchy occurs with peter in the streets
    RickyD likes this.
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

You people don't know anything... sheesh.

The reason that the government is using several agencies to purchase existing supplies of guns and ammunition is that they need to balance the purchases across departments. Each department uses small portions of their budget to purchase arms and ammo.. okay? got that? that's point one.

Point two is this: Government agencies are also using some funds for gun "buy back" programs... And they do this because???? Okay, I'll spell it out for you.... they buy guns at buy back programs for 2 reasons...
    reason one: It makes it look like they're making an honest effort to get guns off the streets and out of criminals hands. They pay low prices for these guns.

Reason two: By giving low prices for guns they get a lot of worthless guns off the street but quite a few good ones, as well... it's called "cost averaging" in financial terms.

The combined purpose of point one and point two (reasons one and two) is that this spreads the purchasing out and in itself does not cause a run on firearms or ammunition... in and of itself... the "runs" on those items are due to "other" reasons... like a certain election, or a certain tragedy, or a certain government official... but the "run" is not caused by the stockpiling of ammo and guns BY THE Government.

Why they are doing this: The final point...

They are amassing guns and ammunition... in the same way and for the same reasons they amassed cel phones. "Give your old phone to charity, to women's shelters... The agencies buy phones too, new phones of lesser features... What did they do with those phones? Well, you've heard of the Obamaphone, right? Where they gave phones to the poor?

What do you think they're gonna do with all those guns and ammunition? I'll let you draw your own conclusion... If I actually have to connect the dots for you.... well then... I'd have to kill you! Because this is far above "top top secret" or "eyes only"... and if you don't have the decoder ring... or the keys to the "football" You aren't supposed to know.. so rub your 2 IQ points together and figure it out for your own self...

We're doomed! DOOMED I SAY...

And now, back to regularly scheduled "programming," already in progress...
    Last edited by oakchas; February 4th, 2013 at 09:38 AM. Reason: edited for non extant sarcasm font... light a ccandle under the page to read between the lines.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I trust my government. The government will treat me just fine. We the people are the government. It's the people we keep electing to run it that I don't trust. What the government does is orchestrated by them!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You people don't know anything... sheesh.

The reason that the government is using several agencies to purchase existing supplies of guns and ammunition is that they need to balance the purchases across departments. Each department uses small portions of their budget to purchase arms and ammo.. okay? got that? that's point one.

Point two is this: Government agencies are also using some funds for gun "buy back" programs... And they do this because???? Okay, I'll spell it out for you.... they buy guns at buy back programs for 2 reasons...
    reason one: It makes it look like they're making an honest effort to get guns off the streets and out of criminals hands. They pay low prices for these guns.

Reason two: By giving low prices for guns they get a lot of worthless guns off the street but quite a few good ones, as well... it's called "cost averaging" in financial terms.

The combined purpose of point one and point two (reasons one and two) is that this spreads the purchasing out and in itself does not cause a run on firearms or ammunition... in and of itself... the "runs" on those items are due to "other" reasons... like a certain election, or a certain tragedy, or a certain government official... but the "run" is not caused by the stockpiling of ammo and guns BY THE Government.

Why they are doing this: The final point...

They are amassing guns and ammunition... in the same way and for the same reasons they amassed cel phones. "Give your old phone to charity, to women's shelters... The agencies buy phones too, new phones of lesser features... What did they do with those phones? Well, you've heard of the Obamaphone, right? Where they gave phones to the poor?

What do you think they're gonna do with all those guns and ammunition? I'll let you draw your own conclusion... If I actually have to connect the dots for you.... well then... I'd have to kill you! Because this is far above "top top secret" or "eyes only"... and if you don't have the decoder ring... or the keys to the "football" You aren't supposed to know.. so rub your 2 IQ points together and figure it out for your own self...

We're doomed! DOOMED I SAY...

And now, back to regularly scheduled "programming," already in progress...
    That's pretty much what I had seen on the internet. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I trust my government. The government will treat me just fine. It's the people we keep electing to run it that I don't trust. What the government does is orchestrated by them!
    Make no mistake... I have less trust in the bureaucrats (the appointed ones) that stay through every administration no matter the "color," than I do in the elected officials.

While I'm strongly in favor of voting 'em all out... I truly wish we could get most of the government agencies "cleansed" every election cycle as well. Especially the heads of departments.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    That's pretty much what I had seen on the internet. Thanks for confirming my suspicions.
    Glad to help... fax one dollar to THS (tinfoil hat society), I'll send you a genuine imitation shirtboard decoder ring.

And if you know what shirtboard is, you're too old to get in on the deal... it expired for you about 45-55 years ago.
    It could be worse.
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    "Why is government stockpiling guns, ammo?"
    For the same reasons the rest of us are.
    They're preparing to fight reptilian space aliens who want to terraform our planet too?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    We have to look at all the recent actions that our government has taken or is proposing to take against our right to Keep and Bear Arms. The DHS is stocking 7K Personal Defense Assault weapons, Joe Biden says assault weapons are not good for personal defense protection, the president calls them weapons of war, Feinstein wants to ban all weapons, the president approved the NDAA and will approve the International Arms treaty, but there has been no mention of a ban on their taxpayer paid personal security teams.

The question is; if there is a ban on all privately owned weapons why the need for need for the DHS's additional 7K weapons, the NDAA, the International Arms Treaty and why the need for their personal security teams such as the governor of NY to have a 24 man security force 24/7.

IMO, the main reason is our governments fear of the possibility of anarchy.

anarchy ; A state of disorder due to the absence or nonrecognition of authority.

Should I have a tin foil hat? No. I spent many years in countries that took the same road that we are presently on and it led to their total collapse. One that is on that road presently has the support of our president who has provided our taxpayer funds and will soon add F16 fighters.
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    The gov is prepping as we all should be.

Everyone is fearing the unknown future.

VIP Member
    The puppetmasters have known for decades that their quislings' deficit spending and fiat money printing would lead to a financial collapse and anarchy when the entitlement and govt pension checks start bouncing. Laws and exec orders are now finally in place to allow the feds total control of all public and private resources. Even the FED, a private banking cartel, has been given the authority to swear in their own employees as federal LEO's. History shows that totalitarianism emerges from and by anarchy. Recent events indicate a rush to survival preparation by the central government.

When something is unsustainable, it will inevitably end. While the end is inevitable, it may not be imminent. When the end becomes imminent, it suddenly accelerates beyond control. When does the nick of time come before the moment lost?

Don’t worry, our government has planned for it.
    Martial Law
    DHS control
    FEMA implementation
    TSA and AMERICORE enforcement
    REX 84 (Readiness Exercise 1984)
    Operation Garden Plot is the program to control the population.
    Operation Cable Splicer is the program for an orderly takeover of the state and local governments by the federal government.
    Oh wait, Houston, we have a problem…100 million patriots with 300 million guns.

Drones and Armored vehicles = tyranny
    Long range and high capacity rifles = liberty
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links