Defensive Carry banner

Hmmmm, as a NRA member no one ever contacted me

1K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  azretired 
#1 ·
I watched the Chris Wallace show which aired Mark Kelly and Wayne LaPierre Defend Both Sides of the Gun Control Debate. (February 3, 2013)

Mark Kelly mentioned that 74% of NRA members back universal background checks. This can be seen at 10:40 in the 1st video at the below link...
EXCLUSIVE: Mark Kelly and Wayne LaPierre Defend Both Sides of the Gun Control Debate | Fox News Insider

Supposed survey of NRA members.........
NRA Members Shows Strong Support for Common-Sense Gun Laws, Exposing Significant Divide Between Rank-and-File Members and NRA Leadership (Note: this is from July 24 2012 which shows they have been working on a plan and waiting for the most opportune time to jump with it.... The school shooting was the right time for them........
Poll of NRA Members Shows Strong Support for Common-Sense Gun Laws, Exposing Significant Divide Between Rank-and-File Members and NRA Leadership

The full findings of the poll (We polled 945 gun owners nationwide (margin of error +3%) in May 2012. The sample was divided evenly by gun owners who were current or lapsed members of the NRA, and non-NRA gun owners.)
http://www.mayorsagainstillegalguns.org/downloads/pdf/poll-07-24-2012.pdf

By there own admission they only contacted 472.5 NRA present/past members. Hardly a good barometer. Were any of you contacted concerning this survey???

See less See more
#4 ·
...Supposed survey of NRA members.........

Poll of NRA Members Shows Strong Support for Common-Sense Gun Laws, Exposing Significant Divide Between Rank-and-File Members and NRA Leadership...

...(We polled 945 gun owners nationwide (margin of error +3%) in May 2012. The sample was divided evenly by gun owners who were current or lapsed members of the NRA, and non-NRA gun owners.)
Interesting!

I wonder how they came up with a sample that was "evenly divided" between NRA members & non-members? With an estimated 80,000,000 gun owners in the U.S., and only 4,250,000 in the NRA, a random sampling of 945 gun owners would be expected to include about 50 NRA members, not 470+. Obviously, the data were "massaged" in some fashion.

If they felt free to pick & choose which gun owners they used in order to get a 50% NRA sample, wonder what other criteria they used to pick & choose? Maybe a short questionnaire about the individual's opinions about gun control? :mad:

#6 ·
I watched the interview this morning. To say that it was frustrating is an understatement. Wallace is obviously very biased against gun ownership. He kept re-framing the questions mid-answer in order to push his agenda. That plus the fact that Pierre didn't present his case well was infuriating.

#10 ·
I watched and was truly disappointed with Wayne LaPierre....... Truthfully the NRA needs to get a better spokesperson LaPierre is tanking at every interview.

#7 ·
I hang up on all pollsters. It's an election year side-effect. I have been underimpressed with the presentation of pro-gun views by the current NRA leadership. I don't see the "Stand up & fight" attitude from them that they ask of us. While the opposition is pulling out every adjective in the dictionary, The NRA's strongest words so far have been "bad guy with a gun" and good guy with a gun."

#9 ·
One thing I heard about this was that the pollsters did not have a list of NRA members. I bet they also did not have a list of gun owners. If these are both true, then they could only call people randomly and ask them; "do you own a gun?", "are you a member of the NRA?"

I think this allows a lot of room to get a skewed survey. For example, I think a lot of gun owners would hang up on someone who started asking gun-related questions. It is also possible that people who don't own guns might say that they do so they could mess with the results.

p.s. No, I was not called for this survey.

#11 ·
If it smells like it, if it squishes like, and it looks like...a lie, it is a lie.

#14 ·
While Wayne didn't appear to be at the top of his game, I don't think he looked all that foolish.

Wallace is a dyed-in-the-wool MSM Liberal talking head NWO puppet.
And he is pretty good at what he does.
Unfortunately the NRA can't hold their own interview of the likes of Wallace and his ilk, to be able to steer the interview the way THEY would like.
Kinda irked me when Wallace brought up Scalia and his assertion that the 2nd amendment doesn't say there would be NO regulations as to what types of firearms they would LET us have.

So I guess they would be alright with allowing the press no access to computers and the internet, and relegating them to 18th. century printing presses.

#15 ·
Now isnt the time to let up on your elected officials or miss rallys etc. Obama is just now hitting the road with the same machine that got him elected trying to whip up public support of his power grab. If the NRA cannot publicly go on offence and apparently they dont have the public spokesman capable of doing that then the gun owning public needs to make the case in the papers with large turnouts and to keep hammering away at their representatives.

I spoke to my state senator today in person. She is a lifelong friend NRA member and passionately pro 2a so it was sort of a wasted visit in that regard. But bringing up things with her and getting her feel for what might occur was worth the trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.