Will it END????

This is a discussion on Will it END???? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just wondering what your thoughts are on this big gun and ammo shortage and the massive demand and little supply. Ive been told 6-12 months ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will it END????

Will it END????

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this big gun and ammo shortage and the massive demand and little supply. Ive been told 6-12 months before bass pro gets more guns in and some even longer. Should I buy the guns I want when I come across them or wait it out. I figure if I wait the prices will be very low due to many people will already have guns they dont even want or need. Whats the chances of Obama passing his gun laws?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have absolutely no qualifications to guess what will happen, so here it goes.

One third of the democrats in the senate are up for re-election in two years. They are very worried about what will happen if they vote for anything extreme. But I think that they really want to pass something, so my guess is that Universal Background Checks will pass and also probably some sort of mag limit will pass. Most likely the mag limit would be 10 rounds.

My second guess is that after this happens, Obama will sign an executive order banning the import of evil black weapons. This was done before by both Clinton and Bush (George H. W.), so it would be hard for conservatives to argue that Obama didn't have the power to do this.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    My guess.... regardless of what Dems want ... this is absolutely TOXIC.... nothing will happen. It is going to be hyper hyped and then that will be the end of this round.

We cant be lazy. We have to continue to PUSH PUSH PUSH and awaken the sleeping giant of masses who do not yet know the benefit of conserving all gun freedoms in this country. Once they are gone they are gone. The AWB of Clinton regime was an extremely rare case with it's sundown policy.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

We saw this coming 5 years ago...a year before BHO's election. Those who purchased what they could afford then, have been thankful that they purchase what they could afford.
    I now see another problem with price and availability...buy what you can afford now, and for the same reason as five years ago.OMOYMV

Expensive is better than "no ammo available".
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well I just feel the best solution to the problem is to make the punishment more critical if a felon is caught with a gun or someone with a gun that is not permited to carry a gun. Instead of 10 years jail time but out in 2 years make it 40 years with no early release.

Im just debating on spending all my extra money on guns or wait it out. I hope nothing happens I am in my 20's and would like to be able to own and experience all the guns that have been made to date.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    We cant be lazy. We have to continue to PUSH PUSH PUSH and awaken the sleeping giant of masses who do not yet know the benefit of conserving all gun freedoms in this country. Once they are gone they are gone.
    I totally agree. I think that how much, if anything, gets passed depends completely on how much pressure the politicians get.

well if nothing does pass and this big talk and debate ends how long before the gun and ammo supply will be normal again do you guys think?

dbraves8
    I have read of manufacturers with backlogs of 6 months up to 2 years. If you assume that half of the people with backlogs cancel their orders (because we're assuming nothing passes) when this ends, then it would take 3 months to a year to clear the backlog. Once the backlog clears, things should start returning to normal.

I'm in the same boat, I have only gotten into the shooting sports in the last year, May 2012, and now it's like I can't buy anything that I was planning on getting. I have been looking into reloading for my old deer rifle but none of the components are even there right now so I can't even do that. I wanted to get a .223 bolt gun for some long range accuracy shooting that was cheap enough to actually shoot, but that is out of the question for now because there is no .223 ammo to be found. Not only that but I want to save the handgun ammo I have so i figured I would just shoot .22 but that isn't even possible anymore because the shelves are bare.

I feel you guys. I turned 21 about six months ago, and all my firearm related hopes have gone out the window completely, and i'm left with my Shield 9mm w/ 200rds, and a 10/22 with about 2000+rds.

I feel helpless. Have joined the NRA and contacted all my representatives but... everything seems so bleak.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Quote Originally Posted by mdco2 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I have only gotten into the shooting sports in the last year, May 2012, and now it's like I can't buy anything that I was planning on getting. I have been looking into reloading for my old deer rifle but none of the components are even there right now so I can't even do that. I wanted to get a .223 bolt gun for some long range accuracy shooting that was cheap enough to actually shoot, but that is out of the question for now because there is no .223 ammo to be found. Not only that but I want to save the handgun ammo I have so i figured I would just shoot .22 but that isn't even possible anymore because the shelves are bare.
    If you find a Mosin-Nagant, it will keep you tided over for fairly cheap.

7.62x54r Silver Tip Ammo - 880 Rd / Case - Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post
    Well I just feel the best solution to the problem is to make the punishment more critical if a felon is caught with a gun or someone with a gun that is not permited to carry a gun. Instead of 10 years jail time but out in 2 years make it 40 years with no early release.

Im just debating on spending all my extra money on guns or wait it out. I hope nothing happens I am in my 20's and would like to be able to own and experience all the guns that have been made to date.

If the possibility of ten years of imprisonment doesn't deter criminals then I doubt forty years would make much difference. And remember that this would come straight from our tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post

The Second Amendment permits any law-abiding citizen to carry a gun. The criminal is the one who tries to abridge that right.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

The demand is presently at an all-time high and from the looks of things at the lgs's is not going to subside anytime soon. I think this is the new normal until everyone has all they want. Supply can't keep up so availability is going to be random and prices will stay high for ammo and guns until everyone has their own level of "safety stock". For me that means finding 2 or 3 more hi-cap pistols and a black rifle and extra mags to lock down in my safe as well as an extra 5-10K rounds of ammo. I know many others feel the same way. For those who say that this "panic" is what's driving the problem, I couldn't agree more. However, the "panic" is being caused by the government's misguided policy. Until that changes, I guess those of us with a few extra bucks are going to do what we will.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Will it END????

June is my earliest prediction, but of Obama keeps pushing his agenda it could be longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links