You Can't Ban Evil - Page 2

You Can't Ban Evil

This is a discussion on You Can't Ban Evil within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good stuff but ineffectual as the people who need to hear; don't hear....Nor do they see as they are blinded by pure emotion....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: You Can't Ban Evil

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Good stuff but ineffectual as the people who need to hear; don't hear....Nor do they see as they are blinded by pure emotion.
    gunfan likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Evil will be defeated by extreme violence, applied judiciously by the good. Can not completely remove it from our world, but we can kill it, at every opportunity, if we're diligent, trained, and prepared (armed).

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Evil will be defeated by extreme violence, applied judiciously by the good. Can not completely remove it from our world, but we can kill it, at every opportunity, if we're diligent, trained, and prepared (armed).
    Evil can not be killed. Those that carry evil in their heart can be eliminated; but the evil will always be among us.

applied judiciously by the good
    I can't agree. It must be applied with extreme predjudice.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

If we could ban evil, we'd have a ton of empty govt positions to fill.
    Crowbait and SigPapa226 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Good stuff but ineffectual as the people who need to hear; don't hear....Nor do they see as they are blinded by pure emotion.
    We still must try, for what's the alternative???

Many of you are taking her video way too literally. If you stop and think, you know what she's saying. Ease up a bit.

Excellent video worth sharing with everyone you know. The more people that get to view this the better.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Many of you are taking her video way too literally. If you stop and think, you know what she's saying. Ease up a bit.
    So what,in your opinion is she saying?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, let's start with what she is not saying, and then maybe we can have a discussion about what she is saying. She is not talking about religion. She most certainly is not talking about simply giving up because evil can never be defeated.

She is talking about US citizens exercising our right to defend ourselves from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and goes back in history to explain how unarmed societies, or even unarmed segments of societies have been robbed of personal liberties and that if we follow that road we are in big trouble. At least that's what I got out of it. I though it was a well thought out and well delivered treatise.

Well, let's start with what she is not saying, and then maybe we can have a discussion about what she is saying. She is not talking about religion. She most certainly is not talking about simply giving up because evil can never be defeated.

She is talking about US citizens exercising our right to defend ourselves from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and goes back in history to explain how unarmed societies, or even unarmed segments of societies have been robbed of personal liberties and that if we follow that road we are in big trouble. At least that's what I got out of it. I though it was a well thought out and well delivered treatise.
    so what is your issue with the video?
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    so what is your issue with the video?
    I'm afraid you have misunderstood my posts. I have no issue with the video. I thought she did an outstanding job.

We still must try, for what's the alternative???
    I have no problem with her video or what she had to say. I maintain it is ineffectual for reasons stated.
    A deception has been cast over many. More are deceived than those who are not. IMO; the battle we face is far more spiritual than physical.
    Another topic for another forum at another time.

The alternative? As I've stated multiple times, the conservative element (myself included) are fighting little more than a delaying action.
    Most conservatives are unwilling to realize this; if we did, the action would take on a whole new demeanor.

Many wars have been fought in the name of freedom. Sometimes we eat the bear, sometimes he eats us.
    The bear has been chowing down in the past 20 years with his calorie intake being almost off the charts.

Do we give up? Of course not. So perhaps our mission is simply to fight this delaying action while we are here. (The good fight. Because that is what we are supposed to be doing)

Is our cause win-able? Not in my opinion. It's all sliding down and MUST end, as do all empires sooner or later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links