Defensive Carry banner

Piers Morgan at Gun Range

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Exacto 
#1 ·
Found this interesting & very amusing:

A Katy gun store and shooting range provided the setting for Monday's episode of CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," which featured Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, State Sen. Dan Patrick and rocker and National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent.

Piers Morgan brings gun-control crusade to Katy - Houston Chronicle

Even in the small video clip, listen to the Pro-2A legislators school Morgan on what he "doesn't get"! :danceban:

#8 ·
Shall we just ignore the antis in D.C. and our state capitals as well? maybe they will go away, with their legislation, too?
We are in a war... right now, it's a war on paper and in the press... these are the battles and skirmishes... And we must win some... and give it our best shot. The last show I ever want to hear about is the one where Piers says, "Finally, Amereicer is coming to some common sense, like Britain, and they have begun getting evil guns off the streets."

I don't understand for the life of me,why pro-gun people waste their time with Morgan.Why do they keep debating with him?.He never has a decent conversation with pro-gun people.He never seems to let anyone finish a sentence.After i saw two of his shows i stopped watching.He must have somebody worried.I honestly don't get it.Each to their on,i guess.
We "waste our time" with Piers because our leadership is not using the tools available to them to counter Piers... Unfortunately, we have to purchase our air time... and NRA, GOA, and the rest of our leadership is not willing to buy time to beat these antis using their tools of "mass communication".

We collectively, aren't campaigning on twitter, facebook, tv, radio, or paper press, to combat this onslaught... we always have to go to their battleground... and they have "home court advantage" every time... And they edit and clip anything that makes them look bad... and certainly anything that makes us look right... They are winning hearts and minds millions at a time... we have to do it one on one...

I agree about not watching his show, which is why I linked to a news report about his visit to the Katy gun store/range, rather than his show. He doesn't get ratings for any news reports about him, and I think it's necessary to "know your enemy".
Knowing the enemy is no longer enough... in fact, I posit "We have met the enemy, and he is us." We need to bring the battle to our ground... we need to start interviewing them... we nee to control the dialogue instead of ALWAYS being on the defensive.

I think the watching of his show is a way to " know your enemy".

You can't fight what you don't know.
We better start fighting soon... real soon.... this ain't "rope a dope;" this is a qualified, legitimate, opponent spending money and air time like water...

He's not the enemy. He found a way to make money by making controversial opinions on important issues on television. He's perfectly fine being hated by the pro-2A crowd because by implication it means he's loved by people who oppose gun rights and thus he makes a lot money off of those people.

He's acting. Like so many other talking heads who take these extreme stances, he's only doing it for the paycheck. There's no noble cause. If we continue to prop him up as this widely-hated enemy of freedom, he'll just keep laughing all the way to the bank.
Yes, he laughs all the way to the bank... And wins more fence sitters every time he does so... And we defend defend defend... Well, if it's a purely defensive game on our part... with no cohesive offense, not only will we not score our own points, we will let them score some... unless our defense is absolutely perfect... and it isn't...

We aren't compromising, we are giving... maybe not limits to 7 rounds, maybe not even 10, maybe it'll be 15 or 20... and/or maybe Universal Background Checks... what are they offering? Not a THING... They are offering to "settle" for some infringement... But they offer nothing except to accept a little less than they are asking for.

If they score any points... even one free throw... even one safety, we lose. And, it's past the half time show... and the lights are coming back on... and we got less than one half to come back... can we do it? Hmmmm.. I wonder.

#3 ·
I don't understand for the life of me,why pro-gun people waste their time with Morgan.Why do they keep debating with him?.He never has a decent conversation with pro-gun people.He never seems to let anyone finish a sentence.After i saw two of his shows i stopped watching.He must have somebody worried.I honestly don't get it.Each to their on,i guess.

#16 ·
The only reason we pro-2A people should pay attention to Morgan is that his opinions are heard by the anti-gun folks and what he says is an example of those anti-views. I think it is a question of "knowing the enemy." But as I've and others have said, he just doesn't get it.

#5 ·
"Not watching" isn't quite enough. You need to let the show's sponsors know you're not watching - and not buying.

#7 ·
He's not the enemy. He found a way to make money by making controversial opinions on important issues on television. He's perfectly fine being hated by the pro-2A crowd because by implication it means he's loved by people who oppose gun rights and thus he makes a lot money off of those people.

He's acting. Like so many other talking heads who take these extreme stances, he's only doing it for the paycheck. There's no noble cause. If we continue to prop him up as this widely-hated enemy of freedom, he'll just keep laughing all the way to the bank.

#11 ·
Here’s a list of the sponsors that I found for the Piers Morgan’s show on CNN, send them a letter to get rid of Morgan.
etrade
Sprint
WellsFargo
AARP
Geico
Overstock
Hyundai

#17 ·
Thanks for this! I don't watch the guy, nor do I watch CNN anymore. I've let them know I'll be back when he's gone. I also got rid of my cable. It wasn't the only factor but it was a big one. I was watching Hulu and Netflix all the time anyway.

Well, off to write my letters! Thanks again!

Gav

#12 ·
I watched it (on my DVR today), as I feel it's important to be educated on what the anti's are saying, even though we all know they are wrong. I watch, again on tape delayed DVR, MSNBC and CNN from time to time, to see what the other side is saying about issues I'm concerned about. IMO, getting all your news, current events from one site is dangerous.

I thought the District Attorney, and Ben LNU did a credible job of keeping the Brit from running too far afield, and Uncle Ted came off very well IMHO. Ted kept it light, but focused, and I thought he did a good job.

Reactions: RicT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.