Piers Morgan at Gun Range

This is a discussion on Piers Morgan at Gun Range within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found this interesting & very amusing: A Katy gun store and shooting range provided the setting for Monday's episode of CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," which ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan at Gun Range

Piers Morgan at Gun Range

Found this interesting & very amusing:

A Katy gun store and shooting range provided the setting for Monday's episode of CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight," which featured Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, State Sen. Dan Patrick and rocker and National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent.

Piers Morgan brings gun-control crusade to Katy - Houston Chronicle

Even in the small video clip, listen to the Pro-2A legislators school Morgan on what he "doesn't get"!

2. Remove Ads

Remember: the more we watch his show and talk about him, the more money he makes.

If you want Piers Morgan to go away, just ignore him. He's a vapid talking head. The only reason he's taking this gun control stance is just to get ratings. Don't fall for it.
    wmhawth, KoriBustard and joker1 like this.

I don't understand for the life of me,why pro-gun people waste their time with Morgan.Why do they keep debating with him?.He never has a decent conversation with pro-gun people.He never seems to let anyone finish a sentence.After i saw two of his shows i stopped watching.He must have somebody worried.I honestly don't get it.Each to their on,i guess.
    wmhawth likes this.

I agree about not watching his show, which is why I linked to a news report about his visit to the Katy gun store/range, rather than his show. He doesn't get ratings for any news reports about him, and I think it's necessary to "know your enemy".
    Jeanlouise and niks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    I agree about not watching his show, which is why I linked to a news report about his visit to the Katy gun store/range, rather than his show. He doesn't get ratings for any news reports about him, and I think it's necessary to "know your enemy".
    "Not watching" isn't quite enough. You need to let the show's sponsors know you're not watching - and not buying.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

I think the watching of his show is a way to " know your enemy".

You can't fight what you don't know.
    357and40, 8th ID, niks and 1 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

He's not the enemy. He found a way to make money by making controversial opinions on important issues on television. He's perfectly fine being hated by the pro-2A crowd because by implication it means he's loved by people who oppose gun rights and thus he makes a lot money off of those people.

He's acting. Like so many other talking heads who take these extreme stances, he's only doing it for the paycheck. There's no noble cause. If we continue to prop him up as this widely-hated enemy of freedom, he'll just keep laughing all the way to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    Remember: the more we watch his show and talk about him, the more money he makes.

If you want Piers Morgan to go away, just ignore him. He's a vapid talking head. The only reason he's taking this gun control stance is just to get ratings. Don't fall for it.
    Shall we just ignore the antis in D.C. and our state capitals as well? maybe they will go away, with their legislation, too?
    We are in a war... right now, it's a war on paper and in the press... these are the battles and skirmishes... And we must win some... and give it our best shot. The last show I ever want to hear about is the one where Piers says, "Finally, Amereicer is coming to some common sense, like Britain, and they have begun getting evil guns off the streets."

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I don't understand for the life of me,why pro-gun people waste their time with Morgan.Why do they keep debating with him?.He never has a decent conversation with pro-gun people.He never seems to let anyone finish a sentence.After i saw two of his shows i stopped watching.He must have somebody worried.I honestly don't get it.Each to their on,i guess.
    We "waste our time" with Piers because our leadership is not using the tools available to them to counter Piers... Unfortunately, we have to purchase our air time... and NRA, GOA, and the rest of our leadership is not willing to buy time to beat these antis using their tools of "mass communication".

We collectively, aren't campaigning on twitter, facebook, tv, radio, or paper press, to combat this onslaught... we always have to go to their battleground... and they have "home court advantage" every time... And they edit and clip anything that makes them look bad... and certainly anything that makes us look right... They are winning hearts and minds millions at a time... we have to do it one on one...

Knowing the enemy is no longer enough... in fact, I posit "We have met the enemy, and he is us." We need to bring the battle to our ground... we need to start interviewing them... we nee to control the dialogue instead of ALWAYS being on the defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think the watching of his show is a way to " know your enemy".

You can't fight what you don't know.
    We better start fighting soon... real soon.... this ain't "rope a dope;" this is a qualified, legitimate, opponent spending money and air time like water...

Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    He's not the enemy. He found a way to make money by making controversial opinions on important issues on television. He's perfectly fine being hated by the pro-2A crowd because by implication it means he's loved by people who oppose gun rights and thus he makes a lot money off of those people.

He's acting. Like so many other talking heads who take these extreme stances, he's only doing it for the paycheck. There's no noble cause. If we continue to prop him up as this widely-hated enemy of freedom, he'll just keep laughing all the way to the bank.
    Yes, he laughs all the way to the bank... And wins more fence sitters every time he does so... And we defend defend defend... Well, if it's a purely defensive game on our part... with no cohesive offense, not only will we not score our own points, we will let them score some... unless our defense is absolutely perfect... and it isn't...

We aren't compromising, we are giving... maybe not limits to 7 rounds, maybe not even 10, maybe it'll be 15 or 20... and/or maybe Universal Background Checks... what are they offering? Not a THING... They are offering to "settle" for some infringement... But they offer nothing except to accept a little less than they are asking for.

If they score any points... even one free throw... even one safety, we lose. And, it's past the half time show... and the lights are coming back on... and we got less than one half to come back... can we do it? Hmmmm.. I wonder.
    niks and BigCityChief like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I watched that last night. I was a bit jealous that Piers was getting to shoot some pretty cool guns.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think the watching of his show is a way to " know your enemy". You can't fight what you don't know.
    KUDOS !!!

Capt....we are we are surrounded by the enemy??

Good Private....now I know exactly where they are!!!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Here’s a list of the sponsors that I found for the Piers Morgan’s show on CNN, send them a letter to get rid of Morgan.
    etrade
    Sprint
    WellsFargo
    AARP
    Geico
    Overstock
    Hyundai
    Kilowatt3 and DandLfam like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I watched it (on my DVR today), as I feel it's important to be educated on what the anti's are saying, even though we all know they are wrong. I watch, again on tape delayed DVR, MSNBC and CNN from time to time, to see what the other side is saying about issues I'm concerned about. IMO, getting all your news, current events from one site is dangerous.

I thought the District Attorney, and Ben LNU did a credible job of keeping the Brit from running too far afield, and Uncle Ted came off very well IMHO. Ted kept it light, but focused, and I thought he did a good job.
    RicT likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

Knowing the enemy is no longer enough... in fact, I posit "We have met the enemy, and he is us." We need to bring the battle to our ground... we need to start interviewing them... we nee to control the dialogue instead of ALWAYS being on the defensive.
    I agree with almost everything you say, but...are you suggesting any specific actions? I don't see how I (or probably anyone else on this forum) have a TV/radio show where we can "interview them".

I do think that we need to engage every fence-sitter gun owner/user we encounter so that we can both refute any anti-gun propaganda AND reframe the question about "gun violence" (which I try to do every day). I also think that we need to keep the pressure up on our legislators, both pro & con 2nd Amendment, and that it's important to recognize those legislators that are fighting for us (which I also do).

You said, (and I agree with), "we will let them score some... unless our defense is absolutely perfect... and it isn't... "
    Do you have a concrete suggestion for us here in this forum, to help create the absolutely perfect defense? Or create an effective offense?

Not trying to be argumentative, but genuinely curious...

I agree with almost everything you say, but...are you suggesting any specific actions? I don't see how I (or probably anyone else on this forum) have a TV/radio show where we can "interview them".

I do think that we need to engage every fence-sitter gun owner/user we encounter so that we can both refute any anti-gun propaganda AND reframe the question about "gun violence" (which I try to do every day). I also think that we need to keep the pressure up on our legislators, both pro & con 2nd Amendment, and that it's important to recognize those legislators that are fighting for us (which I also do).

You said, (and I agree with), "we will let them score some... unless our defense is absolutely perfect... and it isn't... "
    Do you have a concrete suggestion for us here in this forum, to help create the absolutely perfect defense? Or create an effective offense?

Not trying to be argumentative, but genuinely curious...
    You are right in the regard that we cannot interview them... no one's gonna go on Alex Jones, or Rush Limbaugh... nor, frankly do I want them to... most people don't "hear" them... And to have antis on those shows would only be preaching to the choir... Our only means of reaching the people is with "purchased air time."

Yes, we have to do it on a "face to face" basis, one on one... But we also have to buy time... and buy magazine space, and buy newspaper pages whole...

In much the same way that the Federalists got their word out in newspapers of the day.... Except that at least they had some sympathy from the press... we no longer have that... so we have to buy our time. with precious treasure, with $$$... And with enough of it to counter the millions Bloomingidiotberg is willing to spend... and the proceeds from Stephen King's book on guns and every one else that's willing to send money to the anti cause...

In a time, not so long ago.... our leaders "mutually pledge(d) to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor. These puny little men had surely less than one tenth the resources of the government which they chose to cast off.... And yet, they were willing to give it ALL up....

How many of us are willing to go that far? How many of our leaders? Would NRA, GOA or any of the others; go into debt and risk bankruptcy in order to outspend the coffers of the antis? Would you or I be willing to take a second mortgage to fund local advertising?

Do we really stand on principle enough to risk it all.... and make it "from my cold, dead, and dead broke, homeless, unfed, hand?" Do any of our leaders in our organizations have that courage of conviction? If they did, would we follow their lead?
    I dare say we do not,
    I dare say they do not,
    I dare say we would not.

And, I fear that is exactly what it might take... We might have to "leave it all on the field," literally... and Honestly, I contribute... so do many... and it's a tax deduction... but, if it weren't? would we? How important is it..?

Due to the current situation, I am admittedly under-armed... And honestly, I don't choose to give up all I have to win this battle.... Though, I might be in the war in the end, under-armed as I am...

But I haven't the fortitude to pledge all I have, yet... and that's the difference between the real men that founded this country and us... We won't give it all up... until we have literally no choice... and act defensively.

I have no other answers... I crave true leadership... I cannot provide it...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Ted Nugent almost made him cry. For real. His lip was quivering when they finished and cut to the ad break.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links