Here come the anti's in CO.

This is a discussion on Here come the anti's in CO. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Still scant on details, but more coming soon I am sure..... 7NEWS - Colorado Democrats to announce gun legislation - News Story...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Here come the anti's in CO.

Still scant on details, but more coming soon I am sure.....

7NEWS - Colorado Democrats to announce gun legislation - News Story

We are being flanked...

And for all you may say "We are surrounded? Good, we know right where the enemy is!" We are not even defending well, let alone working an offensive plan...

We are boxed in...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I don't know about Colorado but the good news is that the anti gun legislation being proposed in many states will be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I don't know about Colorado but the good news is that the anti gun legislation being proposed in many states will be defeated.
    Too many Kommi-fornicators from the west have polluted the political waters of Colorado, I fear they just may do it!!!

I got a letter back today from a congressman i had wrote to,about the 2a.He made positive comments himself about protecting the 2a.It's about all we can do,since we aren't up there,voting on these things.I guess,i just don't fully trust a politician.I always wonder,are they saying what they mean,or,are they saying,what they think i want to hear?Time will tell,i guess.

The most ridiculous one is holding manufacturers of assault weapons LIABLE for damages.That's Liberal thinking for you.How about holding alcohol producers liable for drunk driving deaths while we are at it?Hold manufacturers of spoons liable for obesity?
    Man,I love Colorado.I was born and raised here .But it's sadly on the path to being a Progressive Liberal hellhole.I'm currently looking at property in Wyoming,Nebraska,or Texas.
    NCSoxFan likes this.

Find your Representatives and Senators, and write them! Write the leaders of the House and the Senate, and write the Gov!

Colorado General Assembly

Assume you must write them or you will lose your rights!

Remind them of 1994!
    SmokinFool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Find your Representatives and Senators, and write them! Write the leaders of the House and the Senate, and write the Gov!

Colorado General Assembly

Assume you must write them or you will lose your rights!

Remind them of 1994!
    +1. We all need to keep a constant campaign going of emailing, writing and calling our state and federal representatives. When we think we've written or called one time too many, it's time to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by LBarraza View Post
    The most ridiculous one is holding manufacturers of assault weapons LIABLE for damages.That's Liberal thinking for you.How about holding alcohol producers liable for drunk driving deaths while we are at it?Hold manufacturers of spoons liable for obesity?
    Man,I love Colorado.I was born and raised here .But it's sadly on the path to being a Progressive Liberal hellhole.I'm currently looking at property in Wyoming,Nebraska,or Texas.
    I have been here since '67. We already have property out of state, and are preparing things to move if necessary. It sucks that CO has become a bunch of cali-douche-tards trying to dictate where we should go.
    My father helped build the Eisenhowed Tunnel.....both sides. Stuff has been going south for a long time. I am still writing to everyone.

Dem's have been trying hard to take over Colorado.. and "liberalize" it. Hope none of it goes thru. And if it does, hope it gets challenged. The "hold manufacturers responsible" bit will never fly, too many court rulings on that already. If I sell you a car and you get drunk and run into a crowd of 20 people, neither I nor the Manufacturer are responsible for irresponsible people.

If I were a Manufacturer, I would counter-sue and state quite clearly ... the gun did nothing. .... it's the person that sold them the ammunition and made the ammunition's fault.... that could be tied up in court for the next 100 yrs.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I wrote all of the House and Senate Officers, the Governator, and my Senator and Representative today.

We need to keep up the pressure.

The MAIG actually opened a lobbying office in Denver.

DENVER (AP) -- The head of the National Rifle Association is in Denver to meet with Colorado officials about gun control.

David Keene is meeting Thursday with Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper and Senate President John Morse, both Democrats. Hickenlooper favors expanded background checks. Morse has proposed a new law to make weapons producers legally liable for damage caused by their guns. The measures come in the wake of the Aurora theater shooting that killed 12.

Colorado Republicans say expanding background checks to private purchases would require a full registry of gun owners. They say the gun-liability measure would effectively eliminate certain weapons from being sold.

Keene says the NRA is generally supportive of stronger background checks. Keene says more attention is needed on mental health, also a subject of the Colorado Democrats' proposals.

Holding gun makers responsible for damages is illegal.Bush signed the "PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT" in 2005.As a matter of fact,I'm going to email the Governor and the state capitol outlining the law.
    Article

PRESIDENT BUSH SIGNS "PROTECTION OF LAWFUL COMMERCE IN ARMS ACT"
    (Washington, DC) - President George W. Bush today signed into law the National Rifle Association (NRA)-backed "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" (S. 397) ending politically motivated lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding American firearm manufacturers and retailers. S. 397 passed both chambers in Congress with broad bipartisan support.

"This is an historic day for freedom. I would like to thank President Bush for signing the most significant piece of pro-gun legislation in twenty years into law. History will show that this law helped save the American firearms industry from collapse under the burden of these ruinous and politically motivated lawsuits," said Wayne LaPierre, NRA’s executive vice president.

In late July, the Senate approved the measure 65-31. Last week, the House overwhelmingly passed the bill 283-144. The "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" was NRA's number one legislative priority and a monumental victory for the Association and its members.

"What we witness today is the culmination of a seven-year effort that included a comprehensive legislative and election strategy," stated Chris W. Cox, NRA’s chief lobbyist. "We worked hard to change the political landscape to pass this landmark legislation. As always, our members were up for the task. Key electoral victories in 2000, 2002 and 2004 helped pave passage of this law.

"The Bush administration was a vital ally during debate on Capitol Hill. I would also like to thank Senators Larry Craig and Max Baucus and Congressmen Rick Boucher and Cliff Stearns for doing a yeoman’s job as lead co-sponsors of this legislation. In addition, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell ought to be commended for their steadfast leadership during Senate deliberations," added Cox.

In recent years, 33 states passed similar legislation outlawing frivolous lawsuits intended to bankrupt the gun industry. However, this new law creates judicial uniformity in all courts across the United States.

"This law will help preserve the American firearms industry and also help preserve American manufacturing jobs. American companies will cease to make products if they continue to be sued every time a violent criminal they do not know, have never met and cannot control, misuses a legal non-defective product. This is a significant step toward saving millions of manufacturing jobs," concluded LaPierre.

Heres a link to the bill which was signed into law
    Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (2005; 109th Congress S. 397) - GovTrack.us

S. 397 (109th): Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act

Introduced:
    Feb 16, 2005 (109th Congress, 2005–2006)
    Sponsor:
    Sen. Larry Craig [R-ID]
    Signed by the President

The bill’s title was written by the bill’s sponsor. S. stands for Senate bill.

Full Title

A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others.

Holding gun makers responsible for damages is illegal.
    I agree, but they'll get no push back from the DOJ, so it will be in civil court and the defense costs will be high with the state underwriting their plaintiffs litigation coasts with our tax dollars

The manufacturers will win, but it'll cost money.

CO legalizes recreational use of marijuana.

This legislation gets introduced.

Coincidence?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links