Ad espousing "common sense reforms"...

This is a discussion on Ad espousing "common sense reforms"... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...and slamming a legislator for standing up against Obama's gun control proposals. Ad attacks McConnell on gun control - CBS News "I was born and ...

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ad espousing "common sense reforms"...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Array RicT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    592

    Ad espousing "common sense reforms"...

    ...and slamming a legislator for standing up against Obama's gun control proposals.

    Ad attacks McConnell on gun control - CBS News

    "I was born and raised right here in Kentucky. I served my country as a marksman and we were trained to use guns safely," Kentucky resident Rodney Kendrick says in the ad, with his grandson Mason seated on his lap. "It's unthinkable that guns meant for war could be used on civilians and children. As a gun owner and a veteran, I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep guns out of the wrong hands, because I know these guns. I know what they can do."

    The ad is running on broadcast and cable in Louisville and Lexington, as well as on cable in Washington, D.C., and will run for at least one week. PCCC is fundraising to air more ads featuring Kentucky gun owners.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array SigPapa226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    588
    Expect to see a lot of these ads in the next weeks and months. The propaganda war has just begun. Unfortunately it will be very one sided. I do not see deep pockets (like Bloomberg's) on our side funding the pro side of the discussion. That combined with a subservient media, will result in a very one sided discussion.

    Our best response.

    Write & e-mail you Sate & Federal legislators weekly (if not more often) and
    1) Try & convince them that gun control is wrong & an infringements of our rights and/or
    2) Let them know that gun control will be hazardous to their political future.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

  4. #3
    Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast
    Posts
    1,971
    Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    "I was born and raised right here in Kentucky. I served my country as a marksman and we were trained to use guns safely," Kentucky resident Rodney Kendrick says in the ad, with his grandson Mason seated on his lap. "It's unthinkable that guns meant for war could be used on civilians and children. As a gun owner and a veteran, I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep guns out of the wrong hands, because I know these guns. I know what they can do."
    Once again, I'll employ the Google BS-To-English Translator:

    "I was born and raised right here in Kentucky. Even though I served my country as a marksman and we were trained to use guns safely, they somehow neglected to teach me the difference between a semi-automatic and a military select-fire full-auto rifle, because I clearly don't get it," Kentucky resident Rodney Kendrick says in the ad, with Diane Feinstein seated on his lap. "It's unthinkable that I can't distinguish between guns meant for war and guns that operate just like my great-granddad's deer rifle. As a leftist politician who should know better, I support the plan to ban assault weapons and keep guns out of law-abiding hands, because I know these guns. I know what they can do, or at least the ones I used in the military."
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

    -miklcolt45

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,883
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    McConnell is facing threat in the next election, both from the Tea Party and Democrats. In fact, the democrats are dumping big $$ into the Tea Party potential challenger. All part of the election cycle.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Expect to see a lot of these ads in the next weeks and months. The propaganda war has just begun. Unfortunately it will be very one sided. I do not see deep pockets (like Bloomberg's) on our side funding the pro side of the discussion. That combined with a subservient media, will result in a very one sided discussion.

    Our best response.

    Write & e-mail you Sate & Federal legislators weekly (if not more often) and
    1) Try & convince them that gun control is wrong & an infringements of our rights and/or
    2) Let them know that gun control will be hazardous to their political future.
    Well, that's one approach... Ad frankly the one I have done my utmost to do.

    Without leadership, of the kind that was embodied in the closing statement of the Declaration of Independence; pledging lives, fortunes, and sacred honor... We will not likely win... I hope I'm wrong... but the propaganda war is on, and without a counter attack... solely on defense, we cannot win... Action beats reaction... If they win by one point, they still win... No matter how ugly, a W is a W.

    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    McConnell is facing threat in the next election, both from the Tea Party and Democrats. In fact, the democrats are dumping big $$ into the Tea Party potential challenger. All part of the election cycle.
    This is more than election cycle... this is our future... not as gun owners alone... but as sovereign citizens of the greatest nation on earth.... It is nothing to take lightly, it is nothing to give up on...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

free weapon yousate.com

Click on a term to search for related topics.