An oft asked question on the gun boards...

This is a discussion on An oft asked question on the gun boards... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Do you think American LEO will participate in a firearms confiscation"? Well did you see the photos of Der Schwarzer Führer at the Minnesota "speech" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: An oft asked question on the gun boards...

An oft asked question on the gun boards...

"Do you think American LEO will participate in a firearms confiscation"?

Well did you see the photos of Der Schwarzer Führer at the Minnesota "speech" with all his Sturmtruppen lined up behind him???

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

I somehow found it rather appropriate that so many were wearing their brown shirts.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    They will find some to help with confiscations, should they ever take place. But I think the vast majority not only would not participate, but would oppose such action.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Most would not I would think but some would do what they are told to do(thats how their living is earned to feed family).

They can't take,what i don't have,but,i'm sure a few would try.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Most would not I would think but some would do what they are told to do(thats how their living is earned to feed family).
    Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josie Wales
    Sarge65 and pacman like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    I don't believe there will be a gun confiscation. There may very well be a gun ban with mandatory turn-ins, but after that, they will be apprehending domestic terrorists and criminals. When they come knocking, they won't be knocking, and resistance will be a very bad idea.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I don't believe there will be a gun confiscation. There may very well be a gun ban with mandatory turn-ins, but after that, they will be apprehending domestic terrorists and criminals. When they come knocking, they won't be knocking, and resistance will be a very bad idea.
    I'm curious, how is a "gun ban with mandatory turn-ins" different than confiscation? They are the exact same thing.
    multistage likes this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I'm curious, how is a "gun ban with mandatory turn-ins" different than confiscation? They are the exact same thing.
    to me, confiscation is going to homes and taking the weapons. OMO
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

VIP Member
    A turn-in is when you drive to the WalMart parking lot as instructed and hand over your firearms. A confiscation is when they come to the house because you didn't show up at the Walmart Parking lot.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Isn't that what happens after you refuse to turn in your guns? It's just the next step. IF they require you to turn them in, that's no different than them coming to your home and saying, give us all your illegal guns. They ask you to do it of your own will, or they order you to do it with the threats of prosecution or force. It's all the same thing. I believe each person that owns a gun/guns will have to decide whether they will comply with the mandatory turn-ins/involuntary confiscation or not, and at which threat level. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by sigmanluke; February 5th, 2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: clarity
    Thomas Jefferson

Here is a fairly recent thread 8 pages long discussing this with input from LEO on here

leo's on here would you confiscate weapons?

Some will. Particularly in large, liberal cities. Most won't.

Re: An oft asked question on the gun boards...

They won't be coming for your guns, it'll be because you are gun owner and are coming for you.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member
    Isn't that what happens after you refuse to turn in your guns? It's just the next step. IF they require you to turn them in, that's no different than them coming to your home and saying, give us all your illegal guns. They ask you to do it of your own will, or they order you to do it with the threats of prosecution or force. It's all the same thing. I believe each person that owns a gun/guns will have to decide whether they will comply with the mandatory turn-ins/involuntary confiscation or not, and at which threat level. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    We aren't in disagreement here, merely expressing ourselves differently. I hope we are wrong, too.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I dont think it will ever happen but. If national registration and then confiscation were attempted I dont think they will have time to worry about going door to door. New Yorks population is at almost every meeting with officals at town halls and seminars on the new laws there flat out telling officials to their face that they will not comply.
    It would be the end of things as we know them right now but confiscation will and I hope to never see it not be met with individuals waiting at home to be branded like sheep.
    There will be trust me, a few gifted leaders as there was in our first revolution that will organize and band patriots together into gorilla warfare units throughout the country.
    I dont want it, hope it never happens. But if it should, either the federal government will have to be willing to kill thousands of citizens or more on our own soil. I dont believe our military would allow that to go on for very long based on constitutionally illegal law before turning on the handful in power and putting an end to it.
    Resistance would be a bad idea yes. But not as bad an idea as being a member a heavily outnumbered force trying to enforce confiscation. America isnt Russia, or Germany. No President is looked on as the great Father of the country. And enough of our people still believe in the American dream to not simply lay down and be ruled by a dictator. JMO
    NONAME762 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links