Violent Flash Mobs in NY - Page 4

Violent Flash Mobs in NY

This is a discussion on Violent Flash Mobs in NY within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Crowbait I agree, most of the time in my limited experience a "visual aid" acts as a very good deterrent. As to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Violent Flash Mobs in NY

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I agree, most of the time in my limited experience a "visual aid" acts as a very good deterrent. As to the part in bold; could you explain a little more? I have never been crystal clear on what is meant by the qualifier "gross" when referring to bodily harm/death, and I think that the disparity alone should be reason enough to defend myself but, that's just me. Does this mean that the harm has to be to a certain extent or some such thing? If so, I think that is ridiculous as well. Why should I have to be hurt at all before defending myself, why should I have to wait until a certain point is reached? By that time it may be too late to take effective action as the mob may be too close, moving too quickly, etc.
    Simply put, you have to have a "reasonable" fear of significant injury. For example, you wouldn't be "reasonable" in the eyes of most people (your jury) if you pulled a gun on a 6-year old who kicked you. There is no hard-and-fast answer to this question. Use good judgement, get training, and keep a cool head. Sometimes, taking a punch is better than the legal hassle of pulling a weapon.
    Jeanlouise and Crowbait like this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Already running

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links