Violence If Confiscation Comes?

This is a discussion on Violence If Confiscation Comes? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let's try to be scholars as VS being brawlers in this thread. AKA "can" the name calling and personal attacks....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Violence If Confiscation Comes?

Administrator
    Let's try to be scholars as VS being brawlers in this thread. AKA "can" the name calling and personal attacks.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by clc View Post
    For those of you that say “They can have from my cold dead hands” I call BS unless you already have nothing to lose. If you have something to lose you will give up the guns!
    I have something to lose...

• My wife's gentle caress
    • My granddaughters loving smile
    • My dogs licking my nose and the peanut butter from "Dads" hands
    • Enjoying my wife's wonderful cooking
    • My flower bed in the spring
    • Filling my bird feeders
    • Apple Fritters
    • Hot coffee
    • Memories
    • And on and on

And finally my life.

I have indeed counted the cost and I understand that this requires you to accept this on faith. My intent is to never surrender the tools that protect my life, liberty and my family from this world. What does this say about me. Some will call me an old fool, a liar, insane perhaps. I may be all those things and more, but my hope is that this cup will pass me by because if it doesn't I will discover the truth in the silence of my fear and trembling.

I believe there are principles greater than me. If I didn't I would be a man without a conscience or a soul.

(I apologize for being so dam dramatic.)
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    - When an act of the legislature is repugnant or contrary to the constitution, it is, ipso facto, void. 2 Pet. R. 522; 12 Wheat. 270; 3 Dall. 286; 4 Dall. 18.

Until the SCoTUS repeals or redefines the 2A, any contrary legislation passed by Congress and signed by the PotUS is, ipso facto, void. It really is that simple.

I've no clue what those citations might be; please give a decent citation so we can see the context. As for the second part
    you missed what happened in Heller.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I look at the state of our govt and they no wonder why the rest of the world hates the US. Geez, half of this country (if not more) can't trust our own govt...why would they think anyone else would?

At the rate things are going, they might as well rename the Bill of Rights to be called The Bill of Privileges, because that's the way it is being treated. Our own govt does things like Fast & Furious, the US Citizen killing memo that was leaked, and the rate at which personal freedoms and liberties are being trampled on by various states and it makes me sick. The sad part is by the time my kids are my age, they'll be on some interwebs page talking about how the US Govt is talking about replacing the Bill of Privileges with a Bill of Duties that enumerates specific things each person is required to do...like buy insurance.
    Ghost1958 and clc like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Saw this link in another post.

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

In the article

So exactly where were these patriots during hurricane Katrina or more recently Sandy?

Interesting how these factual stories of confiscations are simply covered up or lose media steam.
    Some may argue the (2) natural disasters I mention occurred in liberal regions. Does this mean it's the center of the country Vs the coasts? C'mon; let's get real.

In the article:.
    The above quote is a half truth since the pres has clearly indicated he wants a Universal Background check that will extend to current gun owners; truly a precursor to registration followed by confiscation;a sequela to a path of destruction.

Although some sheriff's in a few counties have been vocal about the (what if) scenario of the fed coming for the guns; I fear it is little more than a re-election ploy.
    Essentially (feel good words)
    I'd like to believe the sheriff's dept would circle the wagons; but the reality is they won't; not w/o the support of hundreds of supporters..in which case...

wait for it.....We would be embroiled in a all out civil war..a shootin' war.
    I don't think the Utah sheriffs have a lot to say about what happens in Democratic controlled New Orleans, New York, or New Jersey. Sheriffs are elected and we know what the voters do in New York and New Jersey have done to themselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links