Violence If Confiscation Comes?

This is a discussion on Violence If Confiscation Comes? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Saw this link in another post. Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns | WashingtonExaminer.com In the article "No federal official will be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Violence If Confiscation Comes?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Saw this link in another post.

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

In the article
    "No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particular Amendment II--has given them."
    So exactly where were these patriots during hurricane Katrina or more recently Sandy?

Interesting how these factual stories of confiscations are simply covered up or lose media steam.
    Some may argue the (2) natural disasters I mention occurred in liberal regions. Does this mean it's the center of the country Vs the coasts? C'mon; let's get real.

In the article:
    While he wants an assault weapons ban and limits on ammo magazines, the president has not yet suggested he wants to confiscate guns
    The above quote is a half truth since the pres has clearly indicated he wants a Universal Background check that will extend to current gun owners; truly a precursor to registration followed by confiscation;a sequela to a path of destruction.

Although some sheriff's in a few counties have been vocal about the (what if) scenario of the fed coming for the guns; I fear it is little more than a re-election ploy.
    Essentially (feel good words)
    I'd like to believe the sheriff's dept would circle the wagons; but the reality is they won't; not w/o the support of hundreds of supporters..in which case...

wait for it.....We would be embroiled in a all out civil war..a shootin' war.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

In natural disasters, what's the first thing the State representatives do? Beg for Federal Money. He who holds the purse strings is the puppet master, and the puppet will dance in whatever manner he wants it to and to whatever tune. It's not about the money, it's about the money.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

First of all, there will be no gun bans or gun confiscations, and the reason I'm right is because of our efforts to let our elected representatives know that they enact new more stringent gun laws at their own peril (job security). We'll work to vote them all out, if they try, and they know it.

Secondly, these sheriffs and others who are speaking out, have contributed to our cause, and rather than dismiss that as hidden agenda politics, I choose to applaud their stance. They have helped us, whether you acknowledge that or not, and I for one appreciate it.

And lastly, it wasn't "federal officials" confiscating guns in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, it was misguided/uninformed local law enforcement, as we've discussed on this forum in the past. I haven't heard of any such confiscation efforts in Hurricane Sandy, though I'm interested in seeing some evidence of that, if it occurred.

It's not the Tool, it's the FOOL. Right thinking people are coming to understand that I think, and we must keep up the pressure, so that it isn't forgotten.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I would think they would be correct

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    First of all, there will be no gun bans or gun confiscations, and the reason I'm right is because of our efforts to let our elected representatives know that they enact new more stringent gun laws at their own peril (job security). We'll work to vote them all out, if they try, and they know it.
    Yeah, you're right... Oh wait... New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California. Other states looking at it... And you know, like... we're all about states rights.

Secondly, these sheriffs and others who are speaking out, have contributed to our cause, and rather than dismiss that as hidden agenda politics, I choose to applaud their stance. They have helped us, whether you acknowledge that or not, and I for one appreciate it.
    They're just politicians who are closer to, and listen to, their constituency, and are willing to back them up... But, I do agree, it does do some good... But when the Colonel of the nearest National Guard armory comes up With a couple of his Gunnery Sergeants (armed to the teeth) and says, "Ya know, Randy, I swore the same oath... and this is a legal order from the CIC... We gotta do it and I can't let you stand in my way. Are you with me, or against me? I gotta know, now."

And lastly, it wasn't "federal officials" confiscating guns in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, it was misguided/uninformed local law enforcement, as we've discussed on this forum in the past. I haven't heard of any such confiscation efforts in Hurricane Sandy, though I'm interested in seeing some evidence of that, if it occurred.
    And there were DHS or National Guard with 'em... And, no it didn't happen in Sandy... That was in NY and NJ... and they already had onerous gun laws, and wanted to enact more...

It's not the Tool, it's the FOOL. Right thinking people are coming to understand that I think, and we must keep up the pressure, so that it isn't forgotten.
    Keeping up the pressure is important, but we aren't using the mass and social media outlets to much, if any, effect... and they are, and they have deep pockets. And they have "boots on the ground." We got a bunch of fat/outta shape good ol' boys behind microphones and you tube cameras, than nobody but us look at or listen to...

I can't remember what the monetary amount the Bloomingidiotberg has committed to his campaign... but, with 4 MM members on the NRA, $10 each, earmarked specifically for media relations would go a LONG LONG way. And if GOA and any other 2A orgs chimed in likewise, it might be enough to stop the madness...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    This is getting old.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    This is getting old.
    yeah, well... I see they wore you out... Go take a load off, OV... That's right.... just relax... sit back chill out.. would you like a julep... or some sweet tea?

Don't worry... when the time comes, they'll come by... they'll make house calls... just like they did in New Orleans...

Of course, it may not happen in your lifetime... good fer you... maybe your kids' or grand kids'... They're already teaching them ZERO TOLERANCE for guns... think that won't "stick"? But that's okay, too. I mean they'll be workin' three jobs, two to pay off the debt we gave 'em and one to pay the rent... They won't have time to go to the range or hunt... they can buy their Pringles cheeze sticks ... made in Taiwan (check the label, I did)... or maybe China.

We go through cycles... ups and downs... Now, the ups are higher and briefer... the downs are lower, longer, and more near the bottom. It's no "bell curve" any more... One of these first days, we're gonna go down so fast, we won't be able to stop before bottom, and there won't be no more "up". sigh.
    mg27 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Some people has to much time on their hands.
    KBSR and glockman10mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    Some people has to much time on their hands.
    What's that saying..? A liberal is a conservative that hasn't been mugged yet? I think that's it....

In the immortal words of Radar O'Rielly.... "Wait for it"

But, you're probably right, I might just have a little too much time on my hands.... But that Avatar of yours... hmmm.... has an Image of the Constitution... or maybe the Declaration, in it... Seems to me both of those were written by leaders, by men... a long time ago... to counter something that was happening, and to keep it from ever happening again... Men of honor, who were willing to give it all... And a flag, our flag, THE FLAG... And an Eagle... the symbol of our nation...

One wonders.

Does one stand in front of them, protecting them from enemies... or stand behind them... hoping they will protect us?

It's a poser, that's for sure.
    Crowbait, gunfan, mg27 and 1 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The removal of any elected official, such as Obama, Bloomberg, Cuomo, and Feinstein, after they have forced additional gun laws on the citizens is too late. Seldom are these new restrictions ever repealed nor will they have expiration dates as did the firearms act of 1994. Here is the federal listing but not the added state laws which in some cases, i.e. NY, are more restrictive than federal laws.

National Firearms Act (1934)
    Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 (1968)
    Gun Control Act of 1968 (1968)
    Firearm Owners Protection Act (1986)
    Gun-Free School Zones Act (1990) (ruled unconstitutional as originally written; has been upheld repeatedly after minor edits were made by Congress)
    Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (1993)
    Federal Assault Weapons Ban (1994–2004) (expired)

The gun restrictions imposed over the years have proved to have little or no effect on gun crime but the anti gun legislators continue to come and go, but while in office have continued to strip away our 2nd Amendment rights a little bit at a time.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Saw this link in another post.

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

In the article

"No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particular Amendment II--has given them."

So exactly where were these patriots during hurricane Katrina or more recently Sandy?
    Uh, those patriots were in Utah. The victims of Confiscation during Katrina were in Louisiana (quite a ways to the South and East of Utah), with a few possibly in Mississippi and/or Alabama. They were not the constituents of any of the Utah sheriffs.

Much of the population in the area devastated by Sandy had already been disarmed prior to the storm, so they were at the mercy of the looters.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Uh, those patriots were in Utah. The victims of Confiscation during Katrina were in Louisiana (quite a ways to the South and East of Utah), with a few possibly in Mississippi and/or Alabama. They were not the constituents of any of the Utah sheriffs.

Much of the population in the area devastated by Sandy had already been disarmed prior to the storm, so they were at the mercy of the looters.
    and Bloomberg kept the National Guard out (since they would have been armed) so that only his police forces had guns (can you say Wafen SS?).
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    yeah, well... I see they wore you out... Go take a load off, OV... That's right.... just relax... sit back chill out.. would you like a julep... or some sweet tea?

Don't worry... when the time comes, they'll come by... they'll make house calls... just like they did in New Orleans...

Of course, it may not happen in your lifetime... good fer you... maybe your kids' or grand kids'... They're already teaching them ZERO TOLERANCE for guns... think that won't "stick"? But that's okay, too. I mean they'll be workin' three jobs, two to pay off the debt we gave 'em and one to pay the rent... They won't have time to go to the range or hunt... they can buy their Pringles cheeze sticks ... made in Taiwan (check the label, I did)... or maybe China.

We go through cycles... ups and downs... Now, the ups are higher and briefer... the downs are lower, longer, and more near the bottom. It's no "bell curve" any more... One of these first days, we're gonna go down so fast, we won't be able to stop before bottom, and there won't be no more "up". sigh.

The letters/e-mails have already been sent. The repeditive, duplicate threads will accomplish nothing. I think anyone who has visited this forum since before Nov. has had ample opportunity to make their views known--over and over again. There comes a time when it just becomes crying wolf, and the viewers begin to ignore it all.

Now go fill up your half-empty glass.
    oakchas likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The letters/e-mails have already been sent. The repeditive, duplicate threads will accomplish nothing. I think anyone who has visited this forum since before Nov. has had ample opportunity to make their views known--over and over again.
    You're right OV... I keep beating the horse... Thank God it's still alive... (there's my half full glass!) I ain't beating a dead horse... yet.

And in counter point to For What it's Worth in your sig line... I offer:

Though the video doesn't do the song justice... oh well.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Okay, good song for making a point. But I'm turning you in to PETA for beating horses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links