Why we're ultimately going to lose our gun rights

This is a discussion on Why we're ultimately going to lose our gun rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I dont know if it can be made happen and when they first started I was luke warm to the idea of pro gun rallies. ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Why we're ultimately going to lose our gun rights

I dont know if it can be made happen and when they first started I was luke warm to the idea of pro gun rallies. But now since we dont have a good spokesman and the media is skewed then we need to take a page from our enemies hand book.
    Peaceful public demonstration will force media attention. The more people showing the better. A war wrongly or rightly was brought to a grinding halt this way by a bunch of flower power kids in the past.

The only way I could see it being more effective is to have more points to rally. All of them converging on a state capitol makes them logistically hard for folks to show at. It would be better to pick days and certain points all around the states to meet and then get the word out. If that is going on all over the country the media will show up and report it.
    It would send a message to government state and fed that a great segment of the population will not comply with all this crapola. Setting several rally points in each state all on the same day will get a lot more turnout that rallys on state capitals
    JMO
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

2. Remove Ads

We will lose them. We represent a threat to all of those living on government handouts. They fear us because we would rather be independent and free than to be a slave to the government.

We only lose them if we allow them to be lost. If we do we deserve no better.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    We only lose them if we allow them to be lost. If we do we deserve no better.
    I agree completely. I also believe we will resist forcefully but ultimately we will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    We will lose them. We represent a threat to all of those living on government handouts. They fear us because we would rather be independent and free than to be a slave to the government.
    Oh, you mean all those retired military and federal employees, disabled veterans, people on social security, children without enough to eat, unemployed through no fault of their own, etc? Are those the people that are afraid of gun owners? I think not.
    Doghandler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pir8fan View Post
    I agree completely. I also believe we will resist forcefully but ultimately we will lose.
    Have faith that if we resist forcefully instead of by wringing our hands and preaching to the choir all the time we will in the end win. We have the Constitution reinforcing a God given right to self protection from individuals and government. And that is what it does. It doesnt grant that right it reinforces it. Even if government tried a end run to abolish that amendment it would mean nothing since the Constitution doesnt grant it in the first place but wisely protects it.

The notion we are going to loose our rights is one we must grapple with thanks to our re-elected "king" and his agenda. America, I fear, will fall economically long before we loose our freedom under the 2nd amendment. America isn't mentioned in prophecy of the last days, this is the beginning of the end. Not the gun control stuff, the fact that we cannot sustain the government and our country as it is going today. 4 more years of Obama and we will be much like the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. The sinking will be slow at first, but faster and faster as it goes along and few will survive.

Make no mistake, I wouldn't worry so much about your 2nd amendment rights, I'd worry about your dollar bill being worthless.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Re: Why we're ultimately going to lose our gun rights

Just as the original patriots relied upon an army of citizen soldiers, we should rely on an army of citizen journalists. Repost & link 2A articles on Facebook & Twitter. Email links to pro 2A blogger sites to your friends & family. With all that we have at our disposal, to sit by wringing our hands proclaiming the end makes us no better than the ilk that say 'why should I work when the gov't will take care of me".

Sent from my GS 3 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Why we're ultimately going to lose our gun rights

And yes, continue to contact your elected representatives. It's easier to keep a bad law from happening than it is to change it after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCajun View Post
    Just as the original patriots relied upon an army of citizen soldiers, we should rely on an army of citizen journalists. Repost & link 2A articles on Facebook & Twitter. Email links to pro 2A blogger sites to your friends & family. With all that we have at our disposal, to sit by wringing our hands proclaiming the end makes us no better than the ilk that say 'why should I work when the gov't will take care of me".
    This may be a good place to start. Just don't forget that George Washington didn't beat the British with his pin, he shot them.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    This may be a good place to start. Just don't forget that George Washington didn't beat the British with his pin, he shot them.
    Muskets only shot once so he might have resorted to beating some wounded ones to death with his pen. Probably took a while though

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCajun View Post

I already do this. I have a 2A email list that I send things to. I have friends that are 2A supporters & they send my things (I am on their list). If 10% have their own list we will get to millions quickly.

Set up your 2A list & encourage your contacts to set up lists of their own.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I personally dont think we are going to lose our gun rights. It has been said in recent weeks and days that this BS doesnt have enough support to pass the senate. If Prezbo decides to use stronger executive orders to further enhance his agenda, he will be starting the next civil war. I agree the NRA needs a stronger mouthpiece. I think Ted Nugent should be the speaker for the NRA. He already sits on the board, just let him be the official spokesman for the organization. He is always prepared with the facts that the mainstream media refuses to acknowledge. He quotes his sources, so if the liberal audience chooses to do their homework, they will see that Ted isnt a nutjob.

just my .02
    Jeff
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    We need a central voice and a central person to stand up and speak. NRA is fine, La Pierre is OK but isnt very good at speaking or rallying a crowd. He seems kind of wimpy too. We need someone that the average person can identify with and trust. We seem somewhat fragmented and scattered. How do we pull together and come up with a plan? These news agencies find some gun nut job nearby and put him on TV. Not good for any of us when they start screaming.
    Watching the hearings last week, I was thinking that Senator Ted Cruz would make an outstanding front man for the NRA.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The big mistake at least in my thinking we make is this. We seem to think that if we can just get across to enough antis we can change some of their minds. I dont think we can but even if we could that isnt the problem.
    Anti citizens are in the minority anyway by far. They are more vocal but still a voting minority. Hinge an election on gun control and see what happens. Thats why politicians are by and large afraid of it. And anti citizens cant do squat as far as passing laws.
    Where we need to be concentrating is on the government. Publicly and in numbers showing our displeasure with this and that if its pushed to far there will be no compliance and that we will vote the idiots out of office.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links