My proposed new gun law - Page 3

My proposed new gun law

This is a discussion on My proposed new gun law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by phreddy The IRS already administers energy efficient credits for windows, efficient heating and cooling.... You apply for the credit on you tax ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: My proposed new gun law

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The IRS already administers energy efficient credits for windows, efficient heating and cooling.... You apply for the credit on you tax return using the appropriate form and keep the records of your purchase with your tax records. The IRS receives nothing unless you get audited. Then they get to see your proof.

I understand that you don't like the idea, but there is no need to get hyperbolic about it. Beer cooler? What does that have to do with anything?
    It keeps the children away from the beer, just like your gun safe keeps the children away from your guns...that's the whole point of this right...to keep stuff away from children.

I understand that you think this is a great idea but you don't seem to be concerned with the potential consequences of what you are proposing and who actually ends up paying for your free gun safe. This could very easily lead to a backdoor registration of gun owners and a mandate that would make people criminals for not storing their firearms in a gun safe.

Since you didn't answer I'll ask again, why do you need a "tax credit" in exchange for making a purchase of a storage device for your own personal use for your own personal property?

If you want something, buy it with your own money and stop looking to the federal government to pay you back for your own personal wants. The federal government does not exist so that it can redistribute wealth so that you can have more free stuff.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I don't need a tax credit to buy a safe. I already own one. The intention of my post is that many politicians "feel" they need to pass laws so that they can "feel" like they are doing something. The tax code is already used to incentivize behavior. Do you take a mortage interest deduction? You should stop if you think other people are paying more taxes so you can own a home. If they must do something, I find this might actually do some good (bettere than anything else prosposed). I understand your concerns, but I don't agree with them

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I don't need a tax credit to buy a safe. I already own one. The intention of my post is that many politicians "feel" they need to pass laws so that they can "feel" like they are doing something. The tax code is already used to incentivize behavior. Do you take a mortage interest deduction? You should stop if you think other people are paying more taxes so you can own a home. If they must do something, I find this might actually do some good (bettere than anything else prosposed). I understand your concerns, but I don't agree with them
    I don't take a mortgage interest deduction because I don't have a mortgage...we own our house and land outright...we bought it with the money we earned...wasn't easy, but we made some sacrifices because we wanted it that much.

If "politicians 'feel' they need to pass laws so that they can 'feel' like they are doing something", perhaps they should concentrate on things that will only affect criminals/mentally ill people who perpetrate these evil acts and will help to keep these evil individuals from walking freely amongst us law abiding people. If the politicians want to protect the children while the children are in school, the politicians need to concentrate on ensuring that adequate security measures are in place at our schools.

You said:
    I understand your concerns, but I don't agree with them
    Why aren't you concerned with a tax code which could lead to the backdoor registration of all gun owners and a mandate that would make law abiding people into criminals if they do not keep their guns in gun safes?

You also said:
    I find this might actually do some good (bettere than anything else prosposed).
    So the idea of tax credits for gun safes which also includes the unintended consequences mentioned above is, in your mind, a better idea than deterring violent gun attacks on schools by placing adequate security measures at our schools. Really???

How does your "tax credit" stop an evil individual who is in the process of firing bullets at school children?

Let me rephrase my earlier question, why does anyone need a "tax credit" in exchange for making a purchase of a storage device for their own personal use for their own personal property?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

A tax credit is also easily justified around the idea of "shall not be infringed"
    Matching your Thanksgiving dinner spending to a DwB (MSF) donation seems poetic to me.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible with this (simple) technology. Tell the kids about this and "type III levers"! It's an untapped technology...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links