How well do you know your adversary?

This is a discussion on How well do you know your adversary? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, spend some time getting to know them... Don't worry, I'm sure you're strong-willed enough to avoid assimilation. But sometimes, it helps to see that ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By oakchas

Thread: How well do you know your adversary?

How well do you know your adversary?

Well, spend some time getting to know them... Don't worry, I'm sure you're strong-willed enough to avoid assimilation. But sometimes, it helps to see that all of their arguments aren't just "emotional" they try to provide facts and statistics.

Meet the NRA All kinds of wonderful diatribes against the NRA and its leadership... look at the profiles of board members...

The Coalition to stop gun violence Check out the issues and campaigns section/tab learn about the gun show loophole, or microstamping.

Mayors against illegal guns Check out public opinion tab on left, or investigations....

here's the NRA: NRA

Here's the GOA: GOA Check out their resources tab, particularly the fact sheets, Here's a direct link but it's from 2004... a bit outdated...

Here's the SAF: SAF Check out the gun rights FAQ on the left side of the page...

We know we're in the right... And I'm sure they know they are, too. You won't win over a "dyed in the wool" anti... Any more than they could win over one of us.... but there are scores of people in the middle... some more on one side than another...

We know there are gun owners and hunters who have been very public about their acceptance of limitations on magazines... or in favor of Universal Background Checks. The anti's are broadcasting those, and some of them are celebrities with national recognition.

How many videos on you tube... or on tv or on cable... have you seen of a "liberal who got mugged," and is now all in favor of guns and as many as he can get...

We have a few good videos that won't be seen by any but the faithful... the man who's daughter was at Sandy Hook and wanted to be able to protect his child.

The Henson Ong video.

The video of the gal who understands that slavery is not possible when the slaves have firearms.

Even the immigrant that stood on the street corner and touted the second amendment and questioned how things might have been different in Tienanmen Square if the students had been able to defend themselves.
    dV8r, Crowbait, sensei2 and 2 others like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

2. Remove Ads

Excellent post. I agree with "knowing our enemy." I have checked out websites of anti's before, and will continue doing so. I also completely agree with this:

but there are scores of people in the middle... some more on one side than another...

You couldn't be more right. There are many many thousands, if not millions of people "in the middle." We need to keep trying to reach any and all people on the issue, whether we feel they're too far gone to see reason or not, because you can never predict who of those people will finally "see the light" with our help. We need to remain 100% engaged. It's that important.

Links