Natl. Sheriff's Assn. Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun

This is a discussion on Natl. Sheriff's Assn. Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; These sheriffs are welcome in my house any day. Nice short video. National Sheriff's Association Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws - ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Natl. Sheriff's Assn. Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun

Distinguished Member Array pipedream's Avatar

Natl. Sheriff's Assn. Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun

These sheriffs are welcome in my house any day. Nice short video.

National Sheriff's Association Announces They Will Not Support Unconstitutional Gun Control Laws - YouTube
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

2. Remove Ads

Good on them. Nice to see them speak out today. I wish this would be picked up by the National News, but it will probably be ignored.

Thanks for the Post.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice to see

VIP Member
    Good but we are not done yet. We need to keep up our pressure to preserve our rights.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Good but we are not done yet. We need to keep up our pressure to preserve our rights.
    Agreed
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

I keep saying our best and first line of defense is at the state and local level. We need to support these law enforcement agencies who speak out as a group. Agencies like this one, Utah State Sheriff's Assoc. and others are an important voice when they speak out as an organization instead of just individual officers.

It's one thing for door to door gun grabbers to worry about facing resistence by armed homeowners who may take a stand But it's something else entirely for federal officers to face their peers, and meet resistence by state and local law enforcement agencies. Now they have to worry about being shot or arrested, and prosecuted by state governments acting under the color of lawfully enacted legislation in their respective states.

For the feds to go at it alone, and without the assistance of local law enforcement, and know they will be facing arrest, being jailed and prosecuted should give people in DC some pause and to reconsider just what they are really wishing to accomplish.

These agencies are stepping up to the plate and putting the feds on notice (before hand), they will act on this type of behavior. The more law enforcement agencies and organizations who step up "as a group" and put the feds on notice, the more impact it will have. People in congress should be stepping back, raising an eyebrow and taking note. Especially the congressional members who are from the states these organizations are part of. They are not going to want to end up being on the wrong side of something which will result in the bloodshed of Americans. Not just citizens, but law enforcement officers on both sides. People who have done nothing wrong, and nothing illegal until what is considered as unconstitutional infringement, and overstep.

This country has put up with a lot of infringement, regulations, restrictions over the years. We willingly gave up things like machine guns, short barreled weapons, certain imported weapons and have made concessions time and time again. Each time, they always come back and ask for more. Each time, they say what they are doing now is going to be enough to change the situation and somehow turn bad people into good people.

Now they come back again and are starting to ask for the absurd. Some want all semi-autos banned. Some want anything with a grip on the weapon to be banned or restricted. Now they aren't happy with 10 round restrictions... now we have places like NY actually passing laws with a 7 round restriction. Are they serious? They want to restrict, or register almost any feature which makes a firearm, a firearm. Yes, now they are being absolutely absurd in what they want to control. Now they are intentionally ignoring reality, fact, common sense and logic. They demonstrate to most intelligent people, a complete lacking of mental capacity. They have simply reduced to a mob frenzy with a blood thirsty lust for power and on a quest to stiffle freedom. They don't even care what it looks like to normal people anymore. They stand before the public with straight faces (looking like a bunch of Stepford wives), and try to make us think we're the crazy people. Is there a word for these people? Zombies, perhaps?
    1911srule, ctr, Crowbait and 3 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

RKM
    That's good. But when you think about it, aren't ALL gun laws, unconstitutional? Who's to say which laws are constitutional?

I wanto hear more from Chief of Police organizations. They seem to be the worse when it comes to supporting anti gun legislation.at least from the places I have lived.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I wanto hear more from Chief of Police organizations. They seem to be the worse when it comes to supporting anti gun legislation.at least from the places I have lived.
    That's because Chiefs of Police and Fire Chiefs are two of the most purely political positions within local municiple governments. They are two of the highest ranking positions of "hired personnel" within a local government. While they usually have an employment contract, they essentially work for the politics of the current mayor and city council or board of some sorts.

Sheriff's are almost always "elected positions" and as such, have the support of the people who elected them. That dynamic often times allows them (the Sheriff's), the opportunity to support the positions held of the public as oppposed to some corrupt politician.

The bottom line is, everyone want's to keep their jobs. They just go about it in different ways. Some like to kiss ass and others tend to stand up and be counted... (pardon the pun).
    Ghost1958 and oneshot like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member

^^^I think that could be said^^^^^^

For most major metropolitan areas.
    Smaller towns and suburbs are usually quite different.
    multistage likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Just an FYI..
    Most State constitutions differ widely from the Bill of Rights on the right to keep and bear arms. You should take into account what state constitutions they already swore to uphold before accepting this blindly.. If they already swore to uphold one that is in direct conflict with the BOR you have to wonder which oath they will choose to obey and how much actual honor is really involved. This makes wonderful media play but is it true ? FTR Florida's constitution directly conflicts with the BOR and Arkansas's constitution limits the right to only for the people's "common defense"

Just sayin.. DamYanky

Not our chief. We are fortunate to have him. Shoots IDPA with us. Brought out a 460 once. Good man.

VIP Member
    Good guys upholding the supreme law of the land. Excellent.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamYanky View Post
    Just an FYI..
    Most State constitutions differ widely from the Bill of Rights on the right to keep and bear arms. You should take into account what state constitutions they already swore to uphold before accepting this blindly.. If they already swore to uphold one that is in direct conflict with the BOR you have to wonder which oath they will choose to obey and how much actual honor is really involved. This makes wonderful media play but is it true ? FTR Florida's constitution directly conflicts with the BOR and Arkansas's constitution limits the right to only for the people's "common defense"

Just sayin.. DamYanky
    These states are united under the U.S. Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land. The Second Amendment (and entire BOR) was applied to the States via the 14th Amendment, shortly after the Civil War. Therefore, state constitutions can provide more protection than the BOR, but not less. I think 'shall not be infringed' is explicit. Any laws that infringe on our RKBA are unconstitutional and invalid.

Anybody who sees that a state constitution conflicts with the U.S. Constitution should also know that one supercedes the other.

It's good to see more and more individual LE officials as well as LE organizations speak out and say they will not enforce any of these unconstitutional laws. I think, or at least I hope that we will keep seeing this trend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links