Once the 2nd Ammendment is gone >>>>>>>

Once the 2nd Ammendment is gone >>>>>>>

This is a discussion on Once the 2nd Ammendment is gone >>>>>>> within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The so called Powers that be in the USA, will then have a measure resricting or removing the 1st Ammendment for *Free exercise of religion* ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Once the 2nd Ammendment is gone >>>>>>>

Unhappy Once the 2nd Ammendment is gone >>>>>>>

The so called Powers that be in the USA, will then have a measure resricting or removing the 1st Ammendment for *Free exercise of religion* and for *Freedom of speech*. They will argue that most of the mass shootings, murders, etc. have been done in the name of religion. For public safety and the good of all the citizens of the country, they will then abolish and ban all religions in the USA and create a single government controlled religion. As for *Freedom of speech* that will easily fall too. Once the USA does this, other countries will follow suit and there will be a single world religion and media controlled. Then and only then will the hard-lined leftist see that the 2nd ammendment was one of the only items stopping the govrnment from enslaving its population. Again this is just my opinion and let us pray that it never happens. God Bless
    mbguy29577 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    We cannot sit still and let them dismantle the Constitution .If that looks like it will really happen, then it's time for Katie to barr the door.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Actually, I think that the search and seizure laws will go next... (they kinda already have). The 4th amendment and then the 5th will be the next to be attacked.

The 5th/6th are compromised in that it has already been legislated that with congressional approval, a US citizen may be held indefinitely without due process... they violate the 4th amendment every time TSA does a strip search/body cavity check on 5 yr old girls at the airport...

The 10th is getting trampled all day every day as the Federal Govt and some State govts seize power and legislate things that are outside of their jurisdiction... but all that ever happens is a whole lot of belly-aching and not a whole lot of protest.

Its all downhill from here if they are able to "break" the 2nd amendment. Sorry to be the pessimist.
    Tzadik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    Actually, I think that the search and seizure laws will go next... (they kinda already have). The 4th amendment and then the 5th will be the next to be attacked.

The 5th/6th are compromised in that it has already been legislated that with congressional approval, a US citizen may be held indefinitely without due process... they violate the 4th amendment every time TSA does a strip search/body cavity check on 5 yr old girls at the airport...

The 10th is getting trampled all day every day as the Federal Govt and some State govts seize power and legislate things that are outside of their jurisdiction... but all that ever happens is a whole lot of belly-aching and not a whole lot of protest.

Its all downhill from here if they are able to "break" the 2nd amendment. Sorry to be the pessimist.
    Yes, I was just thinking the other day of how the Bill of Rights is gradually being eroded away by the Patriot Act and presidential executive orders. And no one cares because it makes us all safer.
    Never get out of the boat....

Senior Moderator
    Well the 10th amendment was stripped of any relevance decades ago, so far only the 3rd has survived unscathed.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

So much for my sabbatical... this is exactly what's happening...
    It's the Bill of Rights...

No it ain't.

It's the bill of wishes. It's the bill of used to be. It's the bill of what shoulda been.

And, once they get the rest of the second infringed... It'll be gone.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    The so called Powers that be in the USA, will then have a measure resricting or removing the 1st Ammendment for *Free exercise of religion* and for *Freedom of speech*. They will argue that most of the mass shootings, murders, etc. have been done in the name of religion. For public safety and the good of all the citizens of the country, they will then abolish and ban all religions in the USA and create a single government controlled religion. As for *Freedom of speech* that will easily fall too. Once the USA does this, other countries will follow suit and there will be a single world religion and media controlled. Then and only then will the hard-lined leftist see that the 2nd ammendment was one of the only items stopping the govrnment from enslaving its population. Again this is just my opinion and let us pray that it never happens. God Bless
    How many countries have gone through the scenario you just came up with? Too be fair it is an old fear. Australia? One central religion? What had the government done in England with respect to religion and free speech before and after their gun laws? Japan? France, Italy, Germany, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, S. Korea, Lituania, Slovenia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay.....I could keep going on.

Where is the evidence that when the countries make gun laws more strict that restriction of freedom of speech and a centrlized religion has occured? Why do you think it will happen here when it is not happening in these other countries?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Do you remember the Alien and Sedition Acts Alien and Sedition Acts: Primary Documents of American History (Virtual Programs & Services, Library of Congress)

Signed into law by President John Adams in 1798, the Alien and Sedition Acts consisted of four laws passed by the Federalist-controlled Congress as America prepared for war with France. These acts increased the residency requirement for American citizenship from five to fourteen years, authorized the president to imprison or deport aliens considered "dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States" and restricted speech critical of the government. These laws were designed to silence and weaken the Democratic-Republican Party. Negative reaction to the Alien and Sedition Acts helped contribute to the Democratic-Republican victory in the 1800 elections. Congress repealed the Naturalization Act in 1802, while the other acts were allowed to expire.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Wolf! No REALLY Wolf! SMH
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Face it Folks..When the Riots start from the so-called Disinfranchised Gov`t handout receiptients {ala Rodney King riots} then BHO will declare Martial Law and then try to disarm America. That will start either a New Revolution or a Civil War. What we need is about 10 Million Armed Citizens to march on D.C. and throw ALL the Bums OUT Now. We need some kind of Organization first.
    OD* likes this.

But once we physically drive out the politicians.. someone has to take their place..immediately.. there are a lot of critical things done everyday by Congress, and the Executive branch... we cant have the country fall apart into chaos.

As much as many of our elected officials suck, many do not.. and they all serve a function when not out campaigning against the law-abiding.

Remember TEAM that this is just *my opinion* of what *may* happen. Like you, I have emailed and called my state reps and senators to let them know how I feel several times. I pray that this scenario never happens. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    But once we physically drive out the politicians.. someone has to take their place..immediately.. there are a lot of critical things done everyday by Congress, and the Executive branch... we cant have the country fall apart into chaos.

As much as many of our elected officials suck, many do not.. and they all serve a function when not out campaigning against the law-abiding.
    Lets compromise ...... just take out the Demonrats.
    Crowbait likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

How sneaky....I actually thought having a president that specialized in Constitutional Law was a good thing. Seems he is using that knowledge to side step everything we hold dear. I guess we should have asked if he was going to step on our Constitution or live up to his oath and protect it.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

When it comes to dismantling civil liberties, it's kind of like the old saying, "Once you establish that she's a hooker, then you're just haggling over price."

Well, they are establishing every day that our civil liberties aren't guaranteed or protected. Once they start trampling on one, why not the rest of them.
    Crowbait likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links