A horrible thought. - Page 2

A horrible thought.

This is a discussion on A horrible thought. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; if that ever happened they would have a lot of us huddling together.....how is that for scary?....lol....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A horrible thought.

if that ever happened they would have a lot of us huddling together.....how is that for scary?....lol.

GET OUT and VOTE YOUR RIGHTS! The gungrabbers are being very quiet on the sidelines with the election in 2 1/2 weeks. They have a complete antigun pro-criminal agenda to push immediately if they can get control of Congress and the Senate. Do not go by the party the candidate is affiliated with. Look at their voting record on the 2nd Amendment. Look at their ratings at the NRA, GOA and your state Rifle and Pistol Associations. Gun Owners are almost 30% of the population and only around 30% or so of the population vote. Gun owners could control every office in the country if their complacency would stop and they all GET OUT & VOTE. We are at a dangerous crossroad for gun owners in America. Put the treasonous traiters to the curb where they belong.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    There is a document that predates the Constitution, which addresses this:

http://www.archives.gov/national-arc...claration.html

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Notwithstanding that a certain number of southern states tried this back in 1861, maybe next time it might work, either to create a new country, or at least to force the offending powers to the negotiating table. But does anyone, much less a majority, have the mountain oysters for this? I hate, HATE that I have to ask this. What have we become?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I think that there are two VERY good and equally important ways to stem this problem....

First, as has been said before, get out and vote, vote for your rights, and let your politicians know how YOU feel about your gun rights and your right to hunt and defend yourself.

Second, possibly even more important than the first, TEACH children to shoot. Teach them to respect guns, not to fear them. Teach them about the rich heritage of self preservation and self reliance that our great nation embodies. Teach them to respect the law and to take responsibility for their actions so that we don't give the Anti-Gunners any more ammunition against us. Teach them about how important it is that citizens own firearms to protect their inherent human rights.

This doesn't have to be limited just to your own children. Teach any child you know (whose parents will allow you of course) about guns, and help to raise an entire generation of free American marksmen.

One of the finest quotes I've heard regarding this idea is the following. It is certainly not quoted verbatim, and I can't remember EXACTLY who the author was but it stands true still the same.

If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
    If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
    If your plan is for one hundred years, educate a child.

Just my two cents

- Ryan
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    They don't have to do an outright ban on firearms.
    They have lots of time.

We are just going to get slowly Grandfathered Out.

yep, I totally agree! It started with automatic weapons (and most non-gun owners think these are illegal to own as it is), then "assault weapons" those evil tools of destruction...who needs a military style semi-automatic weapon anyway...then we're on to handguns since they kill so many people and are so easy to conceal...then we will move on to hunting...er...I mean "sniper rifles"...you know those bolt action guns with the big scopes...we can't have those in the hands of terrorists...after all some of them can accurately fire bullets up to a mile away...

Or the other option is the new attack on ammunition....no armor piercing ammo...seems reasonable who needs to shoot through armor...then high powered rifle ammo...who needs to be able to shoot through level IIIa body armor...anyone that owns something like this must be a criminal...after thinking about this we really need some methods for tracking all ammunition, like ammo serial numbers...and with that we should really outlaw reloading because we can't have criminals creating their own bullets! ...and to pay for all of this technology we should really add a new crime tax to all ammunition sold in this country...

...actually I know something even more simple than all of the above...why don't we just create a federal registry for guns...this is clearly the easiest way to stop crime because guns that are registered won't be used by criminals...after all you can't drive a car that isn't registered why should you be able to own a gun that isn't registered...don't worry...the government won't use the list take your guns away...they promise.

My wife and I have discussed our thoughts on what to do if we were to loose our second amendment rights in this country and we have established a couple of options depending on how it would play out. Neither of the options are ideal.

So my mom gave me a cat. My neighbors showed up to my house and gave me a list of rules about my cat. Its hair could only be 1/4 inch long, its front claws had to be trimmed, it could only have two kittens per year and it could only live in certain rooms of my house. I begin to negotiate with my neighbors, I asked why did the cat have to have such short hair, they reply that child asthma is on the rise. I ask why the front claws have to be trimmed and they reply that 200,034 babies were slain by cat claw alone last year. As I discuss the reasons and my objections there to, I loose the first and most important point of all: ITS MY CAT!!

I don't believe that it is any longer a matter of, "If the gun-grabbers win", they already have. We use to have a republic where a constitutional liberty was too sacred a thing to be left to the hands of the majority. The freedom haters don't have to take my cat away to make it NOT MINE. When the collective voice shouts, "No guns on school grounds!" and are given the color of law to stand behind, my gun is theirs as it functions only in the ways that are perscribed by the group. No matter how reasonable the infringment, it is unconstitutional and an assumption that we are not fit to govern ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by CallSign Twin View Post
    So my mom gave me a cat. My neighbors showed up to my house and gave me a list of rules about my cat. Its hair could only be 1/4 inch long, its front claws had to be trimmed, it could only have two kittens per year and it could only live in certain rooms of my house. I begin to negotiate with my neighbors, I asked why did the cat have to have such short hair, they reply that child asthma is on the rise. I ask why the front claws have to be trimmed and they reply that 200,034 babies were slain by cat claw alone last year. As I discuss the reasons and my objections there to, I loose the first and most important point of all: ITS MY CAT!!
    I know you were using your cat as an example of just how bad things could get, but have you looked into what's required to legally own an animal lately? In Kansas City, if you have a sexually complete animal, it's $30/year. For a Spayed/Nutered animal, it's $7. From what I understand, the price for unaltered animals is going up to $50, with plans in place to make it $75 in a few years.

I'm afraid I'm unwilling to state for the record what I would do if this government attempted to take away my rights.

On another subject... anyone ever read Unintended Consequences?
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links