A horrible thought.

A horrible thought.

This is a discussion on A horrible thought. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What would happen if the gun grabbers won? They did in the UK and In Australia. I never thought they would but they did. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A horrible thought.

A horrible thought.

What would happen if the gun grabbers won? They did in the UK and In Australia. I never thought they would but they did.

I have often contemplated what would happen if they forced a gun ban here like in GB or in Australia. I think of the bumper stickers that say "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers."

I often wonder what I would do. Would I meekly offer them up, or would I open up with flame and vengeance? It scares me that I would even have to wonder.

Some of us would hide them for when they were needed again, I am sure. Some of us would become criminals over night for our refusal to give them up.

Scary, scary scary. And to think, I just scared you before Halloween!
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Lew,

I really don't think that many of us would like to discuss what we would do under these circumstances in an open forum.

Senior Moderator
    Send them to me...
    I will "properly" dispose of them for you...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

The results of such an effort would be same similar and just as succesful as the war on drugs and prohibition.
    Very many citizens would then become common criminals.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

My guess it that if and that is a big if, it ever happened in America, most owners would hide them, and any ammo that was available.

Damn, I would hate the think what the price or ammo would be when this was introduced, anyway back to the scenario.

I personally have some places that they would have a hard time finding them, out in the middle of bfe, would just be a pain to get them into a somewhat long term storage state.

Then, the next election cycle would be a whopper. I mean honestly, any law that has been enacted, can just as easily be stricken down or revoked by another law in the next legislative session. After all the old politicians were removed from office and replaced you hold the newly elected politicians to the promise they made to reverse the ban.

Now on another note, if it was by constitutional amendment, well that is another scenario, then the population of the country itself would have done it to themselves, and there ain't no statute that can go against it. But I find it hard to believe that would happen in America.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    My guess it that if and that is a big if, it ever happened in america, most owners would hide them, and any ammo that was available.
    There is an old saying that says...

when it is time to bury your guns, it is time to use them....
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Assistant Administrator
    Indeed, having experienced things ''UK style" - it proves that incrementalism, only having a privelage and, registration - are the formula for achieving it.

It is creeping incrementalism we have most to be concerned about - the gradual process that makes more and more folks and things criminalized. Once you have been ''converted'' into a criminal it makes things so much easier!!!

As for what folks might ''do'' - and remembering that it is unlikely anything would go down real big-time, well - keep your thoughts and views well under wraps. That stuff ain't for CC.

Sonic has the right idea.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    I am fairly sure there would be a small-scale revolution.

Like what Sonic Misfit said, I don't think many of us would like to discuss our personal reactions on the open forum.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Administrator
    They don't have to do an outright ban on firearms.
    They have lots of time.

We are just going to get slowly Grandfathered Out.

Put a pox on toy guns...condemn hunting as cruelty to defenseless animals...make kids feel abnormal if they like firearms. Make sure there are no programs to officially promote the shooting sports on a national level. Wimp & crybaby out the children in general. Continue the sue crazy actions against gun makers and dealers. The list goes on & on.

Actually, we are sort of winning the overall fight right now & the anti's have been forced to take a few baby steps backward. (yea!)

That will start to shift though (in a huge hurry) if the ultra lib left gets control of the House, Senate, & the Big White House.
    Then they will pack the courts and then we get slammed big time but still incrementally.

Don't forget though that compared to the entire U.S. population we are still a severe minority.

But, we are an armed minority.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I can't think of a better reason for another revolution than removal of the 2A.

Might I sugest that those who ar not gunsmiths take a gunsmithing course and practice making guns and gun parts on the side as a hobby.

I've Heard...

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    ...out in the middle of bfe...
    of this place...it's way out there, isn't it?

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I only own tools, What is this "firearms" you speak of?
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Guns, What Guns? I have no idea what your talking about.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Another Thought...

If they come for the guns and ammo...give 'em the ammo first!

Stay alert...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links