Sen Wicker (R-MS) Response to My Opinion of AWB 2013 and EO's

This is a discussion on Sen Wicker (R-MS) Response to My Opinion of AWB 2013 and EO's within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you for contacting me in opposition to proposals by President Obama and others to prohibit so-called "assault weapons." I am glad to have the ...

Thread: Sen Wicker (R-MS) Response to My Opinion of AWB 2013 and EO's

Sen Wicker (R-MS) Response to My Opinion of AWB 2013 and EO's

Thank you for contacting me in opposition to proposals by President Obama and others to prohibit so-called "assault weapons." I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this important issue.
    Recently, the White House and congressional Democrats have put forward proposals for stricter gun control laws, including a ban on certain semiautomatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Since coming to Congress in 1995, I have been a strong and consistent defender of the Second Amendment. I have opposed efforts to impose gun restrictions on law-abiding citizens, and I do not feel more gun control laws are the answer to the problems confronting our nation. I believe tougher enforcement of existing laws is a more effective means of addressing crime.
    President Clinton signed the 1994 "assault weapons" ban into law before I was elected to Congress. The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act prohibited the manufacture or importation of semiautomatic "assault weapons" and large-capacity ammunition feeding devices. The bill included a sunset provision limiting the duration of the law's authorization to 10years. As a result, the ban on "assault weapons" expired on September 13, 2004. I do not support efforts to renew this ban.
    Be assured I will continue to defend our constitutional right to bear arms. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely yours,
    Roger F. Wicker
    U.S. Senate
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.....those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
    -Clint Eastwood "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

2. Remove Ads

That's what I'm talking about. Good for him.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Very good. It's great to see so many positive 2A responses from elected officials.

Links