Maryland Governor upset Pro Gun rallyer's drowning out gun control legislation

This is a discussion on Maryland Governor upset Pro Gun rallyer's drowning out gun control legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gov. O?Malley says NRA is ?drowning out? support for gun control in Maryland - The Washington Post...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Maryland Governor upset Pro Gun rallyer's drowning out gun control legislation

How dare THE PEOPLE's voice be heard over THE GOVERNMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a concept.
    Badey, OD*, Poseidon and 15 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Voice, demonstration, PR, propaganda, etc. is only the right of the government and not the people? Amazing.

This is a free country. Didn't the people SUPPORTING the Governor's communist bill also have the same right and freedom to show up and demonstrate their position? Can we help it if more Opposers showed up than supporters? There was no advantage to one or the other. It is what it is, and it is opposition.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Oh boohoo, the people are starting to stand up and voice their beliefs, what do we do now? :sarcasm off:
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

VIP Member
    First cry of a loser, "They are cheating!"
    sixgun, DPro.40, msgt/ret and 1 others like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps.

The line of hard men willing to rain violence on our enemies so you can sleep warmly and safely in your bed at night continues. That's what we do. Semper fi.

NRA Life Member since 1972

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The anti gun state and federal representatives will pay dearly in the 2014 elections in my area. The main reason is based on the falsehoods, such as the Md. Governor attempting to use the right to hunt with the right to bear arms. Do not they understand that the right to bear arms was a means for us to to protect ourselves from the government and has nothing to do with the privilege to hunt which, IMO, is also over regulated.

Note: Guns are the means to be able to protect ourselves as Abe Lincoln wisely pointed out. Ref my signature.
    soonershoote and trofty like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Not unlike Joseph Gobble's principles of propaganda.

Suppress the free speech of the citizens, then lie big enough & long enough, and the people (sheeple) will believe you.

Why is free speech only OK for Democrats & not anyone else?
    msgt/ret, BugDude, OD* and 1 others like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member

It's only ok when it supports their agenda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DPro.40, trofty, OD* and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

From the governor's blog writer -
    "For weeks, they’ve [the NRA] been spreading falsehoods and using scare tactics to mislead Marylanders"
    As if the governor and his minions haven't ? I think this is what the behavioral people call "projection" - you assume that the other person is doing something because that's what you do.

"Pay no attention to the three thousand people out there protesting my gun bill" - followed by hands over the ears and yelling la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Not unlike Joseph Gobble's principles of propaganda.

Suppress the free speech of the citizens, then lie big enough & long enough, and the people (sheeple) will believe you.

Why is free speech only OK for Democrats & not anyone else?
    Your last line is inappropriate and uncalled for. There have been plenty of R presidents to lie to the people too. There are also plenty of Democrats who are pro-gun supporters and are very put off by what has been going on in govt.

The tide does seem to be turning and it is a good thing. You can see it in the Left's rhetoric. The focus seems to be on registration and background checks rather than bans. Of course the fact that this is meeting opposition too is causing them to cry foul and claim everything is just an NRA talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Your last line is inappropriate and uncalled for. There have been plenty of R presidents to lie to the people too. There are also plenty of Democrats who are pro-gun supporters and are very put off by what has been going on in govt.

The tide does seem to be turning and it is a good thing. You can see it in the Left's rhetoric. The focus seems to be on registration and background checks rather than bans. Of course the fact that this is meeting opposition too is causing them to cry foul and claim everything is just an NRA talking point.
    No offense to you personally, but the Washington Post (Liberal newspaper) has not run more than a dozen gun stories in the last 20 years. There have now been dozens & dozens in the last few months - 99% anti-gun. The MSM - all liberal news outlets in the bag for Obama & all running a constant drumbeat of anti-gun propaganda. The TV hosts shout down & ridicule any pro-2A people that come on the show. Equal time, or respect, is not provided. The White House demonizes & repeatedly tries to shut out Fox News which is NOT a left wing news site.

This just appears to me to be Democrats that object to free speech when it does not go there way - but I could be mistaken. I do know some nice ones & I do support their right to their opinions, just wish they would respect mine.

Maybe too much generalization, but the slant seems to be primarily from one direction. I apologize if I offended you, but you might see where I am coming from.

BTW - I worked to elect a Dem. Pres once, then Repub. now mostly Independent cause I think both parties are too worried about their own aggrandizement and too little about the people.
    msgt/ret and darbo like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    One would hope crimes against the Constitution would stir up a bit of passion for liberty.

Kudos to MD (and U.S.) citizens for recognizing a pig with wings.

When all this bruhaha dies down a bit, it'll be high time for some temporarily-elected hireling control: vote 'em out, once and for all.
    peckman28 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Too bad for Gov O'Malley. Seems they'll have to on limiting our 1st amendment rights too.
    darbo likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Just a side note from someone who lives in Maryland.

Watch this man carefully, speculation in-State has it that a good part these proposed laws are posturing for 2016 by the "man who would be President". Of course there are those in the Maryland Legislature who have never let a pro gun bill hit the floor for a vote during their tenure... Which is why I haven't voted for an incumbent for State office in years!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    I keep hearing about the overwhelming public support the antis have, but it isn't really showing up anywhere. They claim widespread support, even among gun owners, yet the online polls, video ratings, and public demonstrations indicate just the opposite. The majority of Americans seem to favor the Constitution as written.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links