Judo chop!

Judo chop!

This is a discussion on Judo chop! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a friend who is very anti, and we spar on FB a lot. After getting him so frustrated he vowed he wouldn't say ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Judo chop!

Judo chop!

I have a friend who is very anti, and we spar on FB a lot. After getting him so frustrated he vowed he wouldn't say another word, I hit him with the most incindiary thing I could think of to say to an extreme liberal.

Our argument went the usual places. The safety of children. The inability of citizens to resist so powerful a military machine. Etc etc ad nauseum.

Here is my closing remark:

"I'm not a fan of our massive standing army either (I'm so left I'm right again haha). Having said that, I do believe tyranny in this country could be opposed because many people who wear badges and stripes on their sleeves think as I do. To quote Macbeth Act V: "We have met with foes that strike beside us." As for my last words, they are cold-hearted but internally consistent: we as a nation confirmed that personal freedom trumps dead children with Roe v Wade. I support that decision and I support the right to bear modern arms."

Hahahahahaha, I think he was really frothing, but he's an honorable man. He stood by his word to not extend the argument.

I'm a jerk.
    sdprof, Exacto and Jackster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman_shen View Post
    I have a friend who is very anti, and we spar on FB a lot. After getting him so frustrated he vowed he wouldn't say another word, I hit him with the most incindiary thing I could think of to say to an extreme liberal.

Our argument went the usual places. The safety of children. The inability of citizens to resist so powerful a military machine. Etc etc ad nauseum.

Here is my closing remark:

"I'm not a fan of our massive standing army either (I'm so left I'm right again haha). Having said that, I do believe tyranny in this country could be opposed because many people who wear badges and stripes on their sleeves think as I do. To quote Macbeth Act V: "We have met with foes that strike beside us." As for my last words, they are cold-hearted but internally consistent: we as a nation confirmed that personal freedom trumps dead children with Roe v Wade. I support that decision and I support the right to bear modern arms."

Hahahahahaha, I think he was really frothing, but he's an honorable man. He stood by his word to not extend the argument.

I'm a jerk.
    Be careful posting that kind of stuff...It could be construed as a political, religious, etc post which is against the rules of the forum. Just a friendly reminder.
    Last edited by Crowbait; February 9th, 2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Forgot bold...
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

This is a useless thread that has nothing to do with our gun rights, the Second Amendment and/or Federal, State and local legislation related to our gun rights.

Go brag about your FB posts somewhere else...like on FB.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Actually it has a lot to do with gun rights. Those who have come out of predominantly Conservative or even relatively neutral places like this one would realize that he was responding directly to one of the biggest rallying cries being used by those who wish to take away people's second amendment rights. It is a rude reply, that is certain to offend many people on this site, but it is also an honest reminder of where things stand.
    cayman_shen and DontTreadOnI like this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I haven't used FB since all this anti-gun stuff started again. It's not worth the headache of reading anti-gun posts and especially not worth arguing with friends/family, online conversations get hostile much more often than they do in person.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I don't have a Farcebook account, but I have been following dailykos and responding to the gun restriction posts. There are a few moonbats that are rabidly anti, but with almost 650,000 registered users and millions of lurkers, the moonbat antis can't have their words go unchallenged.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Actually it has a lot to do with gun rights. Those who have come out of predominantly Conservative or even relatively neutral places like this one would realize that he was responding directly to one of the biggest rallying cries being used by those who wish to take away people's second amendment rights. It is a rude reply, that is certain to offend many people on this site, but it is also an honest reminder of where things stand.
    What discussion about our gun rights is this thread about then?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

FACEBOOK is a lazy way to communicate

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    What discussion about our gun rights is this thread about then?
    I as well as every other more moderate and liberal person in this forum put up with a lot of political thinly veiled statements that are allowed to slide. This one at least had bearing on gun rights. My guess is that your upset that he voiced support for an opinion you oppose. Funny thing is that is what the antis are doing too. I for one agree with the OP and believe that it is hypocritical to support ones gun rights and try deny their right to make other choices, but then I guess it all comes down to what rights you choose to respect.

edit, I should also clarify, in case it isn't clear, that most leftist antis strongly support abortion rights but not gun rights. They have made "killing babies" one of the biggest slogans with respect to guns. The OP's remarks are an absolute slap in the face to them that also points out how the courts tend to favor personal liberty and choice; a strong historical indication that they will lose the gun rights battle.

Two things for me is a waste of my time,facebook and trying to talk to someone anti-gun.That said as long as they leave me alone,i don't personally care if they are anti or pro gun.It's a personal choice,anyway
    Burns likes this.

VIP Member
    Though it actually does have bearing on gun right, and all rights in general, I think the mods should take it down
    for violating forum rules.

I also think the Macbeth line has an interesting consistency with views expressed by some of the more extreme
    who post here. I wouldn't want to go where they seem to wish to take us, and I hope all realize that Macbeth was
    stark raving mad and a cold blooded murderer. Certainly not someone we wish to model ourselves on. His guilt caused
    him to see enemies all about him, and his paranoia provided impetus to ever more killing. The line about dealing
    with the foes that strike besides us were the words of a mad tyrant. We need to be careful when we look for foes besides us
    because that act might reflect badly upon us.
    Darrow75 and atctimmy like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I certainly am not trying to convince anyone to accept any of my political beliefs. Certainly it wasn't my intent to violate the forum's rules, but if I did then I guess the mods will close this. I just felt like I hit on a pretty convincing argument that can be thrown at the antis to use their own beliefs against them. Doing so might prompt them to see gun control in a new light. Obviously abortion is a controversial topic, and I'm not attempting to discuss it here. But I am trying to suggest a possibly powerful, difficult argument you can use, if you choose to stick it in your toolbox. Logically it's sound.

Hopyard, the macbeth ref was actually a line from Macbeth's enemy. When they attacked Macbeth's castle, most of Macbeth's army defected to their side, because Macbeth was such an awful leader. So the rebels met with enemies that defected to fight beside them. My point being that when antis say 'oh you could never fight tyranny, the military is too powerful, it's unrealistic,' I say yes we can. Because soldiers and police officers who are pro 2a will fight beside us. I think that's a damn convincing argument.

I as well as every other more moderate and liberal person in this forum put up with a lot of political thinly veiled statements that are allowed to slide. This one at least had bearing on gun rights. My guess is that your upset that he voiced support for an opinion you oppose. Funny thing is that is what the antis are doing too. I for one agree with the OP and believe that it is hypocritical to support ones gun rights and try deny their right to make other choices, but then I guess it all comes down to what rights you choose to respect.
    This thread is about his FB post, it is not about the 2nd amendment and legislation related to our gun rights. Your assumption about me is wrong...I totally support his right to say or believe whatever he chooses and I would stand in front of him to protect his rights to do so. This forum however, is not the proper place to brag about the post he just made on FB nor is it the proper place for him to bring and try to finish his personal FB argument because his FB friend won't continue the discussion with him.

In my opinion, this thread does not belong in the Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Forum but the moderator's opinion is the only opinion that really matters.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

I've never done MyFace. Never will.

Why people feel compelled to post all of the details of their personal life out there for the world to see I'll never understand. Like my neices, they post all of their crap out there and then get mad when people stick their nose in their business. Really??? It's not hard to figure out.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by 10house View Post
    FACEBOOK is a lazy way to communicate
    He said on an internet forum...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links