The Antis Are Mistaken

The Antis Are Mistaken

This is a discussion on The Antis Are Mistaken within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From top to bottom, the antis are on a "we-aren't-against-hunters" chorus, mistakenly believing that those who hunt are a distinctly different group from those who ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Antis Are Mistaken

VIP Member

The Antis Are Mistaken

From top to bottom, the antis are on a "we-aren't-against-hunters" chorus, mistakenly believing that those who hunt are a distinctly different group from those who oppose gun and magazine bans, universal registration and whatever other prohibitions they are wanting to implement. They are attempting a divide and conquer strategy which is, in my opinion, failing miserably. I hunt, I sports shoot, and I carry standard-capacity handguns. I also support the Second Amendment as written.
    Eagleks and dV8r like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I know a few people that fall into the media's "hunter" group. One of them is even a cop. "I don't understand why you need more than 10 rounds in a magazine." I responded with "Well then why do you need more than 10 rounds if we don't? NY messed that up and the cops were up in arms over it!" She didn't have anything to say after that. I think the media was hoping there were more like that, but I think the anti crowd has pushed so hard that it's stratified each group without much middle ground.

I heard a hunter call a local radio station Thursday and say there was no reason to have more than 5 rounds. I've heard lots of hunters say something needs to be done and that decreased capacity is a reasonable thing to do. I would say that he majority of people I encounter don't think 2A is relevant any more. Don't underestimate how sleepy the sheep are.
    There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me I got to beware

Re: The Antis Are Mistaken

Mike, I agree.. They are trying the divide and conquer tactic.. And, they're showing videos/ads of retired military, current hunters (with grandson on lap, no less). Saying that he knows what those weapons do, and we don't need 'em.

What videos/ads are WE showing?

ACTION BEATS REACTION.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The telling word is always "BUT".

Like when someone says, "I fully support the second amendment and people's right to bear arms, BUT..."

I just shake my head.
    ccw9mm, zacii, GunGeezer and 3 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

The problem with some hunters is that they only care about hunting. I waterfowl hunt with 3 other guys. One of them carries everywhere (like me) and the other two don't carry at all, even though they have a CT pistol permit. They don't care too much about legislation and don't see the need for AR-15's or high capacity magazines. It wasn't until some CT senators introduced legislation that proposed a 50% ammunition tax and a ridiculous bill that limited legal firearms to single shot firearms did they start to complain.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Hunters probably don't need more than 5 rounds because the animals don't shoot back. The human animals can and do shoot if they feel that it gives them an advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    Hunters probably don't need more than 5 rounds because the animals don't shoot back. The human animals can and do shoot if they feel that it gives them an advantage.
    - Not to mention that waterfowl hunters are already limited to 3 rounds for a majority of the season. There are some exceptions for certain times and certain waterfowl.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The second amendment doesn't even mention hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    The second amendment doesn't even mention hunting!
    In fairness it doesn't mention self-defense or fighting tyrannical governments either. Or zombies.
    pittypat21 and Doghandler like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Back to the divide and conquer, yes they are good at it and they seem to stick together with all of the differences in the party.
    Some of the hunters really don't understand the issue. Since they may only have a 12 ga or low cap mag it seems reasonable to them. They simply don't understand that we can't give them any "foot in the door" or compromise.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Re: The Antis Are Mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    In fairness it doesn't mention self-defense or fighting tyrannical governments either. Or zombies.
    Doesn't have to... No reasons, or excuses needed.. You have the right to keep and bear arms, PERIOD. how they are used, is the legality determining factor.
    airslot and 8th ID like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    These are a group of people who are being used by the ones with the agenda. The "useful idiots" that believe everything they're told by the left wing gungrabbers.There is a small well organized group with a hidden political agenda pulling the strings, and these anti gun crowds of different persuasion are the puppets without the ability to think and reason on their own. They have no idea what they're talking about, it's just that someone has told these robots that the 2A is about guns for hunting. Parrots, regurgitating without thought or reason what someone else tells them to say. This is how Obama was re-elected, and this is how they will try to take our guns.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Doesn't have to... No reasons, or excuses needed.. You have the right to keep and bear arms, PERIOD. how they are used, is the legality determining factor.
    Yeah, I know... but the point is he said it didn't mention hunting. It doesn't mention any specific use of guns.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Has anyone seen Jesse Ventura vs Piers Morgan on gun control JESSE VENTURA on Gun Control - YouTube? "If you didn't hunt or fish, you didn't eat"
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links